XZO

T6 Pro
Hi
I am increasing frustrated by the poor sound quality of my Discover Media satellite navigation system in the Caravelle and I was wondering about upgrade options for a fully functioning HU that will run all the VW functions.

Apart from the above Kenwood model are there any others or is this one the most logical option.

I have the Eton speaker upgrade and followed all the sound insulation recommendations but still I think the HU puts out poor replay from MP3 in particular whether from CD, SD or the phone. I have 'played' with sound options but still cannot get the clear and crisp sound I am looking for whether it is classical, rock or any other music types.

I would be very interested to hear views on sound quality from the Kenwood HU and any other recommendations.

Assuming I change ideally I would like a 'home plug and play' option.

Thanks and I appreciate your responses.

Hi I have the KENWOOD 9018 and it’s ace, does exactly what it says on the tin

we purchased from absolut5 and they was excellent. We also paid the extra for them to make a loom so we retained all stork controls etc

Did you upgrade the speakers?

Is the sound quality better than the standard HU?

The Kenwood 9190dab replaced the 9180 a few months back and now comes with Wireless CarPlay/android mirroring

They are really the best on the market in our opinion, the best screen by far, HD and tilts downwards which deals with the brightest of sunlight, super fast operation after initial bootup, every thing is instant
Wireless CarPlay
Garmin nav with 3 years updates
Cd/dvd/SD/twin usb
Displays parking sensors and displays Garmin nav on mfd
Optional dash camera control

And have so many sound adjustments.

Reactions: XZO
Back