Kenwood DMX8019dabs

just seen your pm, the leisure battery is to low or the fuse near that battery is blown,

or on a very rare occasion the black CanBus box behind the radio is faulty

The head unit would not start up even when the van was running. Checked the Battery Monitors on my batteries, and none of the batteries have gone below 12volts.
I will try the head unit tomorrow whilst charging the starter battery.

Hello All, subject says it all..
I have a Kenwood DMX8019dabs unit fitted in VW GOLF GT Mk 7. I cannot get radio \ carplay \ Spotify \ tel or anything to continue playing (at muted level) when car is in reverse gear. Looked through all documentation (and contacted Kenwood who have not responded) and cannot solve this problem. Sincerely hoping someone here can help....

Have you got a reversing camera? If not it might be worth going into the settings making sure it’s not enabled

I have no reversing camera, and av settings for rear camera are off? I have park distance control and when I put car in reverse, there is no audio from anything....

Hi All

Just managed to order a Kenwood DMX8019dabs from Halfords they appear to have a limited stock of them at the moment I've been keeping an eye on them for months this is the first time I’ve been able to actually order it, due to pick it up next Wednesday fingers crossed I actually get it!

Hi All

Just managed to order a Kenwood DMX8019dabs from Halfords they appear to have a limited stock of them at the moment I've been keeping an eye on them for months this is the first time I’ve been able to actually order it, due to pick it up next Wednesday fingers crossed I actually get it!

Fingers crossed for you, we had a batch of 8020s few weeks back, probably more than any other seller, and Kenwood wouldnt give us any dates for more , and haven’t for 8 months now.. so a 8019 turning up is quite odd as it looked like they were stopping them…

if you need the correct parts for installation especially if you have factory parking sensors then drop us a pm or call as we have it all in stock..

I’m a bit dubious but we will see! My local Halfords do have one on display but wouldn’t sell it to me

@Absolut5 I’ve got the fitting kit from you last year was due to get a secondhand 8019 radio but the seller decided not to sell it last minute!

Great unit but it’s so slow, I had one and got rid of it straight away.

In what way? As long as I can connect my phone to stream music with no problems thats all it will be used for and plus my VW radio screen is broke so can’t be any worse

Found all the ones we installed to be faster in operation than their competitors and more intuitive… most headunits take a few seconds to boot

always worth a firmware update from Kenwood electronics website

Hi All, update from Kenwood.... They advise that in the Kenwood DMX8109dabs unit, the auto mute of ALL auto when in reverse gear is
A SAFETY FEATURE and applies to all units sold in their worldwide markets.....! Seriously?

Does anyone else have a DMX8109dabs and can confirm that the auto function is muted for all audio ( including telephone) when vehicle is put in reverse gear? I would like to establish if this IS a safety feature or is it just my unit...?

Any help or assistance in resolving would be sincerely appreciated...
Many Thanks

I will check mine tomorrow, I honestly can't say I've noticed. Only issue I seem to have is the wireless Android auto seems to drop connection every so often, but I don't know if that's an issue with head unit or my pixel 6 tbh. Heard they are great with Apple car play but Im not buying another phone . So thinking about selling mine.

Hi All, update from Kenwood.... They advise that in the Kenwood DMX8109dabs unit, the auto mute of ALL auto when in reverse gear is
A SAFETY FEATURE and applies to all units sold in their worldwide markets.....! Seriously?

Does anyone else have a DMX8109dabs and can confirm that the auto function is muted for all audio ( including telephone) when vehicle is put in reverse gear? I would like to establish if this IS a safety feature or is it just my unit...?

Any help or assistance in resolving would be sincerely appreciated...
Many Thanlll
I have sound in reverse.

Thanks for helping narrow down the problem. I think you said i
You have a Samsung (?) so will be using Android Auto? I have an iPhone, but I wonder if you could please advise your (audio?) settings which allows you sound in reverse and I'll try and replicate in my unit.

Making some progress it seems and appreciate your help. Looking forward to hopefully getting sound in reverse same as you!

Thanks for helping narrow down the problem. I think you said i
You have a Samsung (?) so will be using Android Auto? I have an iPhone, but I wonder if you could please advise your (audio?) settings which allows you sound in reverse and I'll try and replicate in my unit.

Making some progress it seems and appreciate your help. Looking forward to hopefully getting sound in reverse same as you!
Pixel 6 and I didn't check everything tbh, was just the wireless Android auto that was connected. I even recorded it of you want to see it can DM me your number . Also if you want you can take a screen shot of your settings and I could compare . Although my T6 has reverse camera so will be differences.

Please forgive my ignorance but how do I send you a DM?
Pixel 6 and I didn't check everything tbh, was just the wireless Android auto that was connected. I even recorded it of you want to see it can DM me your number . Also if you want you can take a screen shot of your settings and I could compare . Although my T6 has reverse camera so will be differences.
Please forgive my ignorance but how do I send you a DM?

I have a DMX-8019dabs in my van, it’s been fitted for over 12 months now. I’ve just noticed that when it’s receiving DAB radio the scrolling DLS only displays ‘no information’. Song title and artist show ‘no information’. If I select the DLS screen the information is available on its own page! Any ideas anyone?

Fingers crossed for you, we had a batch of 8020s few weeks back, probably more than any other seller, and Kenwood wouldnt give us any dates for more , and haven’t for 8 months now.. so a 8019 turning up is quite odd as it looked like they were stopping them…

if you need the correct parts for installation especially if you have factory parking sensors then drop us a pm or call as we have it all in stock..
@Absolut5 could you pm me a price for the installation parts to retain sensors/MFSW please :)

Back