Kenwood DMX-7017dabs Steeing wheel controls

GavMc P11GT

I have the Kenwood Dmx-7017dabs

And just bought the steering controls quad lock and interface all original Kenwood parts their part numbers numbers CAW-KIMUN1 and CAW-CKIMVW3

I have connected them all up but I have no function of the steering controls, parking sensor display or MFD information.

There’s nowhere to connect the EXT/IF on the head unit

And have some spare wires and a plug see blow their colours coming from the CAW-KIMUN1 interface

I get the green light on the can interface so it does recognise the can profile of the van but that’s where it ends I think the spare wires have something to do with it tbh but it’s all meant to be plug and play!

Spare blue
Spare brown/blue
Spare yellow/white
Plug with black/gray brown purple

anyone else had this issue?

I have the Kenwood Dmx-7017dabs

And just bought the steering controls quad lock and interface all original Kenwood parts their part numbers numbers CAW-KIMUN1 and CAW-CKIMVW3

I have connected them all up but I have no function of the steering controls, parking sensor display or MFD information.

There’s nowhere to connect the EXT/IF on the head unit

And have some spare wires and a plug see blow their colours coming from the CAW-KIMUN1 interface

I get the green light on the can interface so it does recognise the can profile of the van but that’s where it ends I think the spare wires have something to do with it tbh but it’s all meant to be plug and play!

Spare blue
Spare brown/blue
Spare yellow/white
Plug with black/gray brown purple

anyone else had this issue?

the CAW-KIMUN1 and CAW-CKIMVW3 is not compatible with your 7017, as it does not have the EXT/IF input, the parking sensors/mfd and mfsw all plays through that plug

the CAW-KIMUN1 and CAW-CKIMVW3 is not compatible with your 7017, as it does not have the EXT/IF input, the parking sensors/mfd and mfsw all plays through that plug

Fantastic news! You mentioned to me the connects2 set up I’ve priced that for £160 I gather I’d just need the CTUVW03 and the multilead.2 and dual fakra? Have the facia already installed.

That is correct, it displays them through the reverse camera input

Back