AerPro head unit?

Unclebob

Australian member
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Pro
My original head unit is dying, and I wanted a quick, simple solution. I've had a pretty shitty time lately and just wanted a quick win.

I went to my a local car parts shop and spent a bit of time talking to a helpful staff member who ended up selling me a Kenwood dmx7522dabs and a kit that was supposed to allow me to plug everything in to my very explicitly stated VW T6. I even brought the original head unit in. He knocked a bit off the price for me, not an amazing price but happy to pay for the time spent. Unfortunately that's going to be the end of the happy part.

Started trying to install it and the instructions in the kit weren't lining up. I called back up and found out that the kit they sold me was for a T5 :(
They said it was going to be significantly more expensive to get all the parts that I needed for a t6 to which I politely explained sounded more like their problem than mine. Not knowing about this stuff is the reason I went to them in the first place and the reason I asked for a drop in replacement.

15 mins later I got a call back saying they would have to talk to the manager on Monday (they were closing in 10 mins at this point anyway) and asked me to look at an AERPRO AMVW6 Aerpro | First Choice which at least in terms of $$ is a significant upgrade ($1500AUD vs $1000 for the kenwood and the installation kit). Apparently it would be cheaper for them to provide that rather than take the hit on all the parts needed for installation of the kenwood head unit I selected.

My main concern is I've never heard of AERPRO other than for their adapter kits. Does anybody know if their units are any good? My main requirement is Android auto wireless, and retaining vehicle functions like reverse camera, steering wheel buttons etc.

Did you get the Aerpro? I like the look of them and was thinking about getting one but like you said there are no reviews.

Did you get the Aerpro? I like the look of them and was thinking about getting one but like you said there are no reviews.
Nah, ended up going with the kenwood so can't comment on the aerpro sorry

Back