Kenwood fitting kit

T6Paul

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Just got a Kenwood dmx5020 to replace the discovery media unit in my highline Kombi. What interface kit do I need? Seems to be too many to choose from! I want to keep the following features:

Steering wheel controls
Telephone (original microphone)
Parking sensor display (no rear camera)
USB on dash

Nice to have: MFD Display retention

Phono to connect to under seat amp (currently connect to speaker wires as line level input)

Also looking to fit a windscreen dab antenna to improve the sh!t VW one. Will this work with the heating elements in the windscreen?

Parts and links appreciated.

Paul

Windscreen mounted dab aerials with heated screens I've found to be very hit and miss. As for retaining the mic I've not found a kit yet that retains factory mic unless Kenwood make a specific kit but we tend not to fit Kenwood and the alpine kit doesn't do it either for halo so I'd assume Kenwood is the same.

I found the screen mounted ariel useless!!!! I've fitted a shark fin and it almost never drops out.

Just got a Kenwood dmx5020 to replace the discovery media unit in my highline Kombi. What interface kit do I need? Seems to be too many to choose from! I want to keep the following features:

Steering wheel controls
Telephone (original microphone)
Parking sensor display (no rear camera)
USB on dash

Nice to have: MFD Display retention

Phono to connect to under seat amp (currently connect to speaker wires as line level input)

Also looking to fit a windscreen dab antenna to improve the sh!t VW one. Will this work with the heating elements in the windscreen?

Parts and links appreciated.

Paul

hiya

you will need the following -
facia kit
connects 2 infoadapter to retain sensor display
fm adapter
dab adapter
dash usb retention kit

you will not be able to retain mfd audio display ie track name etc but the rest of the vehicle details are still displayed

we do not install glass aerials to heated screens, even at best on a normal screen they are hit and miss

ref mic you will need to use your supplied one, alpine have just made a kit for halos that retain the factory mic and works well

but a member on here did retain the oe mic with a Kenwood and reported it worked well.

jason

I added to the OEM reverse camera kit to also retain the OEM mic. I used a 3.5mm mono jack plug and added two pins to the reverse cam kit. The jack plug goes in to the back of the kenwood.

Pics in the thread below

Back