Is this dayvan worth the advertised price?

I got mine at big Van world and got it converted at a fantastic price. Didn’t want the cooker or pop top so bought the van for 17000 it’s a 2016 t28 fish startline 102. Then converted it to camper which included sink and pump diesel heater electrics and hook up front swivel seat, fridge leisure battery of course custom made bed and cupboards with cupboards over the top of the main cupboard all for 6000

So all in all my camper cost me 23000

IMO you’ll want a T6.

T5’s are great, but, if and when the bug bites, you’ll be wanting a more modern look, interior, features, the euro 6 so you don’t get stung if you travel and hit certain areas and so on.

All transporters eventually rot, so you are probably best off getting the newest you can rather than going on mileage I would say.

Vans were new to us when we started looking, and I thought T6’s were way overpriced to me. I set a budget of 25k for a base van. I underestimated what it really costs to make a nice transporter, and so, would have been better just paying more in the first place, that said we love our van.

Our T6 was 130k miles, late 2016, and we paid 22k for an empty panel van, but, we got wheels we wanted, sports kit, sidebars, all new brake pads and discs, clutch and flywheel, new adblue pump, cam-belt, water pump and full service and a few other bits, rhat would have set us back a few grand if we did it ourselves included, so it seemed like a sound base, even though it was on 130k.

Air con was a must, as was tailgate, t32, and a six speed 150. We fell in love with yellow, and decided on a yellow and black theme, this small list severely limited choice, for example just to convert barn doors to a tailgate would have cost nearly 2k, retrofit aircon 2k, get wheels we wanted 1.2-1.5k etc etc, even just a t5.1 to t6 front end conversion is 2.5k+, it soon adds up. So we came to a deal with the dealer for a yellow t6 tailgate van we wanted and all the maintenance and bits above.

But, again, just to get a high-line style wheel, with cruise and such cost me £800 when I bought it. Then stereo upgrade, then interior panels, insulation, window, carpet, ply, flooring, battery, electrics, controllers, bed. Etc etc. Then if you start with a basic van, wheels, suspension, sports kit and exterior mods inc bumpers, paint, graphics etc etc. it goes on and on. You can easily spend 30k on a 20k van in 12 months, and still not be where you want to be.

So my advice would be, get the newest one you can find if possible, but absolutely try to target the big ticket things you most want rather than obsess too much over mileage ( providing it has a full, comprehensive history and has been looked after ).

Lol just realised I got your post crossed with another, but since I made be effort I’ll leave my response

Good luck in the hunt.

Back