Is There Any Way To Tell Visually Between 150 And 204 Engines

Apretext

Edition Kombi 150PS
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Er, as title really. If I'm staring in the engine bay, how do I tell if it's got an extra turbo (presuming they are round the back)

So all red means 204?

Is there any other way (in case it's been debadged)

There should be a build sticker in the cab, on the back of the trim panel, under the steering wheel. this will confirm the engine size and other details.

110KW = 150 PS
150KW = 204 PS

There should be a build sticker in the cab, on the back of the trim panel, under the steering wheel. this will confirm the engine size and other details.

110KW = 150 PS
150KW = 204 PS

Brilliant, presumably that also has the original load rating?

Brilliant, presumably that also has the original load rating?
Not sure how you tell from that sticker , but if you look under the the bonnet on the drivers side bulk head you should have a sticker like this on mine ? Mine is aT32

20180820_160009.jpg

Useful, thanks guys. I just checked and we've got 75kW! Should I be looking for a hamster wheel somewhere in the engine bay??

I'd be grateful if someone could decode some of the rest of this- particularly weight rating?

20200915_220609.jpg

Looks very similar to the sticker in my EU5, 5 spd, 102ps. CAAB engine code, 75KW max power.
Excuse me for asking, but how do you not know the engine size etc?

Looks very similar to the sticker in my EU5, 5 spd, 102ps. CAAB engine code, 75KW max power.
Excuse me for asking, but how do you not know the engine size etc?
It’s on the V5 Registration document (cc’s)

Useful, thanks guys. I just checked and we've got 75kW! Should I be looking for a hamster wheel somewhere in the engine bay??

I'd be grateful if someone could decode some of the rest of this- particularly weight rating?

View attachment 85233
You won't find the weight rating on that label, you need to pop the bonnet up and have a look under there. Look on the left hand side back towards the windscreen and you should see a black label. This will have your weight ratings on.

Quick dust off of an old thread.....

So i am looking for a 199/204 T6, but finding it very difficault to identify what is and what isn't a BiTDI, is there anything under bonnet that is an easy spot?

From my expereince dealers aren't able to get it right in adverts (too much confusion between 150kW and 150ps i assume), disc brakes aren't an acurate measure (some 150PS have large brakes, if my dealer is to be believed), removing trim isn't really practicle when viewing, and apparently i can't even view the V5 due to 'data protection'. Finally, i have tried the digital hpi checker websites, but that is costly and they generally seem to have it recorded incorrectly also...

Any help much appreciated,

AB

You could look at the build sticker in the footwell on the drivers side under the steering column. That will show, among other things, the engine variant & output.

You could look at the build sticker in the footwell on the drivers side under the steering column. That will show, among other things, the engine variant & output.
Thanks for the input, i haven't been able to find one on the vans i have been looking at, do you have to drop the steering column to see it?

Would be nice to have something you can spot in photos, but guess there is nothing beyond wheels and badges.
Regards,
AB.

If it hasn’t been de-badged, the TDI badge on the rear will have all 3 letters in red for a 204/199. I wouldn’t buy on the strength of that though as badges can be changed.

Thanks for the input, i haven't been able to find one on the vans i have been looking at, do you have to drop the steering column to see it?

Would be nice to have something you can spot in photos, but guess there is nothing beyond wheels and badges.
Regards,
AB.
You have to get your head down into the footwell & look up to the left of the brake pedal.DCF3BF98-E598-40A5-A412-E6BD226F346E.jpeg015802B0-874A-4C1A-B175-E14317C1743B.jpeg47D70054-0B71-44D0-A21B-9AA9ECFFB6E1.jpeg

Easiest way to see is to check if there is a red charge cooler hose at the rear of the engine bay.
Only 204ps engines have a red hose, the others are all black.

Back