Is Highline worth £8k more?

@colinthechemist. I can't actually answer that question for you but I can tell that my van weighs in at 2.28 Tonnes which I'm guessing is pretty representative of a T6 with full camper conversion in 'side kitchen' configuration but without anything else of significant weight in it. Every time that we fully load it to go on a trip, I say to my wife we must stop off at the public weigh bridge to check the fully laden weight and then we both forget!
@colinthechemist. For some reason, I thought about this post a short while ago and realised that I should have started it with something like 'Apart from the obviously differing all up weights,'

Decision made; deposit paid!
Thank you all for your advice. In the end I've done the opposite of what most of you recommended, but I'm grateful you helped me go in with my eyes open.
I've gone for the cheaper van, which I think might actually be a Trendline not a Startline as it's got air con and MFD.
The crazy thing is, I've bought it without seeing it in person and won't lay eyes on it until it gets delivered to Cornwall next week!

VW.jpg

So now you’ve got 8 grand to spend on extras (and there’s plenty of ways to do so,) so avoid the ‘what have I bought today’ thread ;)

Reactions: CAB
I’d spend some of your £8k getting the suspension sorted, it looks to be sitting very low on the rear from that picture.
Hope you like it when it arrives and you get to see it in the flesh.

I’d spend some of your £8k getting the suspension sorted, it looks to be sitting very low on the rear from that picture.
Good spot! Given that @colinthechemist is in Cornwall, I would suggest a chat with @The Van Cave about putting that right. Will make the world of difference to the van (and, as we all know, probably something that would have come up on the “improvement list” for the more expensive van!)

Reactions: CAB
Well spotted @T6Paul I don't think I would have noticed that even if I'd been standing right next to it!

Well spotted @T6Paul I don't think I would have noticed that even if I'd been standing right next to it!
Probably due to the additional weight added to the van when converting. My Cali (all that glass and pop top weight up high) had the most basic of suspension “out of the factory” and was a horrible drive until I got it sorted. (SWMBO still resents that VW allowed a cali out with such underwhelming suspension!)

Hi again Colin.
Well done with reading everyone’s opinion and making up your own mind!
I’ve found this a very helpful and informative forum.
If you can’t sort a problem searching on T6F or Google, I‘ve often found the answer by searching the subject on Google but typing T6forum in the search line first.
Yes, it’s……. T6Foogle !!!

The following in Google will force a forum search and replace “search string” with your query:

Site: t6forum.com “search string”

If you're using Chrome, you can add this as a custom search engine: Settings -> Search engine -> Manage search engines -> Add

1636623295885.png

After this you can just type 't', hit space, and then your query on the address bar and it will search the forum.

It's great! I was even able to find this old prior art discussion of the same topic! ;)

Back