Is Highline worth £8k more?

I thought my mind was made up on a low-mileage 2019 T6 camper, but now I've seen another for £8k less. It's 2 years older and has done more miles, but it's got the same engine and looks like a bargain in comparison.
However, looking at the photo, the cheaper van has no buttons on the steering wheel, which makes me think it might be a lower-spec base van. The bumpers are colour-coded, but without a black insert or fog lights in the bottom section.
So here are my questions:
1) How much will it cost me to retrofit cruise control?
2) If the base van is a startline, what other features might I be missing?

I thought my mind was made up on a low-mileage 2019 T6 camper, but now I've seen another for £8k less. It's 2 years older and has done more miles, but it's got the same engine and looks like a bargain in comparison.
However, looking at the photo, the cheaper van has no buttons on the steering wheel, which makes me think it might be a lower-spec base van. The bumpers are colour-coded, but without a black insert or fog lights in the bottom section.
My personal opinion is to get the best that you can afford. If the Highline is newer, with less miles and you can afford that then go for it. I might be wrong with this, but I’m sure I’ve read on here that even the seats are different in a Highline (better and more comfortable). The Highline will have all the best bits ‘factory fitted’.

If your budget allow it, which it must if like you say, you'd made up your mind then I think £8k more is reasonable for a newer van with less miles, more spec and on a 2019 the balance of the warranty left. If it was me I'd stick with your original choice.

Unlike the above, I wouldn't be without cruise control. Was I you, I would definitely go for the better spec, newer van if I could afford it. As an aside, I've stopped being surprised by people who buy cheaper vans and then seem to spend more bring the things up to a better spec than would have done if they had gone for all the toys in the first place!

We all have differing needs and bank balances. It’s an expensive time to buy, but go for the best you can.

Mine;
LWB DSG 150bhp Highline Kombi
Twin sliding doors with soft close and opening windows
Glazed tailgate
Front heated captain’s seats
2+1 rear seats
Heated windscreen
Cruise control
Satnav
Fog lights with corner assist
Carpeted front footwell

Recently fitted LED DRL twin headlights to replace the H4 candles.

Andy

check if it has aircon

Are they identical camper conversions? The difference maybe in the fit-out.

Dont worry some sweaty, smelly windswept person will be along soon to say "I don't need/use/want aircon".
New phone screen please!

Reminds me, when I bought my van, how I had unfurl the passenger seatbelt, clip it “out” with a clothes peg and literally soak it sponging it with SWMBO’s kitchen cleaner to remove the traces of some bohemian, soap-dodging, windswept specimen!

Sounds like a Trendline if it's got coloured bumpers, like mine...
So, I have added aftermarket front fogs from Travelinlite and getting a mfsw sorted. Added a back window. More than happy, looks like a Highline to all intents and purposes !! Oh, and H7's

Our van doesn‘t have buttons on the steering wheel, but it has cruise control - what you need to control it is on the left hand stalk. Ours is a trendline.

Pete

Are they identical camper conversions? The difference maybe in the fit-out.
Literally the same layout from the same converter, but the cheaper one actually has a better bed, solar panels and AT wheels/tyres, all of which I was thinking of adding to the more expensive van!
I just don't want to switch and then realise I'm missing some really valuable feature from the base van...

Back