Is Highline worth £8k more?

Does it matter if it's a T28, T30 or T32? It's just a standard camper fitout for me, the Mrs and the dog. Not planning to carry any heavy cargo, (though maybe one day I'll buy an e-bike)

We all have differing needs and bank balances. It’s an expensive time to buy, but go for the best you can.

Mine;
LWB DSG 150bhp Highline Kombi
Twin sliding doors with soft close and opening windows
Glazed tailgate
Front heated captain’s seats
2+1 rear seats
Heated windscreen
Cruise control
Satnav
Fog lights with corner assist
Carpeted front footwell

Recently fitted LED DRL twin headlights to replace the H4 candles.

Andy
The only thing on that list that's a deal-breaker is the cruise control, and I'm sure I can add that for under £8k!

For comparison, the Highline has an alarm, some have glasses holders in the roof, front fogs and cornering lights, parking sensors at the rear, alloys, two 12v sockets, heated front screen, leather multi function steering wheel, cruise control, leather gear knob, auto temperature controlled air con, auto lights, auto wipers, comprehensive instrumentation with dot matrix MFD and handles on the a pillar.

May have forgotten a few bits.

For £8k I’d take the newer higher spec van assuming the conversion suits your needs.
IIRC Cruise is only on the stalk for eu5 engines, eu6 is on the steering wheel?

What do you need aircon for , never use it lol, all seriousness, buy whatever suits you

I use aircon for:

Cooling the van when the interior temperature is at 40°c after being parked up in the summer sun.
Keeping the interior temperature at a sensible level when driving in hot weather, especially in Southern Europe.
Demisting the windscreen from startup on damp UK Autumn and Winter days.

Wouldn’t be without it.

Pete

For some questions there isn't a right or wrong answer, just a variety of opinions.
Air con is a must for me, I'm not paying more than £1,000 for any car or van without it.
Glasses holder in the roof? Yeah, I can continue happily not knowing they're probably on my Highline.

For comparison, the Highline has an alarm, some have glasses holders in the roof, front fogs and cornering lights, parking sensors at the rear, alloys, two 12v sockets, heated front screen, leather multi function steering wheel, cruise control, leather gear knob, auto temperature controlled air con, auto lights, auto wipers, comprehensive instrumentation with dot matrix MFD and handles on the a pillar.

May have forgotten a few bits.
To be honest I was surprised how primitive the dashboard was in the 2019 Highline compared to the full colour LCD in my 2019 Nissan. What does a step down from MFD look like?!
The cheaper van appears to have air con installed as an option.
Everything else is definitely on the "nice to have" list, but nothing I'm going to lose sleep over.

To be honest I was surprised how primitive the dashboard was in the 2019 Highline compared to the full colour LCD in my 2019 Nissan. What does a step down from MFD look like?!
The cheaper van appears to have air con installed as an option.
Everything else is definitely on the "nice to have" list, but nothing I'm going to lose sleep over.
The lower spec dash dials lose the analogue fuel and temperature gauges and it’s not a dot matrix display in the middle. I believe the trip computer settings are more basic too.

Last edited:
I use aircon for:

Cooling the van when the interior temperature is at 40°c after being parked up in the summer sun.
Keeping the interior temperature at a sensible level when driving in hot weather, especially in Southern Europe.
Demisting the windscreen from startup on damp UK Autumn and Winter days.

Wouldn’t be without it.

Pete
What he said.

I haven't worked for it yet: We're buying it with borrowed money!
I just don't want to spend the next few years regretting the choice I make today...
‘You pays your money and you takes your chance’!
For me it’s a no brainer…. the Highline will always be more desirable in the future and you’ll only be kicking yourself when you realise all the little differences if you go for the lower spec.
As @Spaghetti says above, if the cheaper van is a Startline, the dash (MFD) is definitely more basic. But, each to their own….

Does it matter if it's a T28, T30 or T32? It's just a standard camper fitout for me, the Mrs and the dog. Not planning to carry any heavy cargo, (though maybe one day I'll buy an e-bike)
@colinthechemist. I can't actually answer that question for you but I can tell that my van weighs in at 2.28 Tonnes which I'm guessing is pretty representative of a T6 with full camper conversion in 'side kitchen' configuration but without anything else of significant weight in it. Every time that we fully load it to go on a trip, I say to my wife we must stop off at the public weigh bridge to check the fully laden weight and then we both forget!

Using cruise control gives me an average of 2-3 MPG more. 450 mile trip to Scotland gives me a free dinner.
That's set at the optimum of 55MPH 1725 revs. 70MPH at 2000 revs. Still better than foot up and down and more concentration, more relaxed journey. But if you're a lane changing -racer. Keep your manual gearbox and enjoy your driving your way.

Back