Identifying Upgraded T6 Startline Grille and Bumper

andycowuk

Hi,

My van is a Startline base model, but prior to me buying it, the front end was updated. I was looking at getting a front facing camera in the VW, but mine looks like a cheap silver VW on a flappy bit of plastic... So thinking new grille with VW badge that can accommodate the camera. The grille and the black bumper inserts have some overspray on them so it's obviously not the original front, and I couldn't seem to find the same bumper inserts listed anywhere for T6.

Can anyone identify what grille and bumper I have?

Thanks

Andrew

20240301_141322.jpg

20240301_141340.jpg

20240301_141405.jpg

I see that from the factory, your bumper was black and had a texture! It was painted by craftsmen!

I am certain it isn't paint on a textured bumper. The inserts and grill were not removed for painting though.

That’s just a standard one piece startline front bumper that’s had everything bar the grills sprayed. Same as mine.
The grills are not removable or replaceable. The whole thing is one piece. Bumper and both grills.

I am certain it isn't paint on a textured bumper. The inserts and grill were not removed for painting though.
The grilles are not removable on all textured bumpers. Also, your bumper is strongly given out by the ACC radar frame, such a frame is placed only on the textured bumper!

Textured bumpers have never been painted from the factory!

I also think that your door handles should also be black from the factory

Hi,

My van is a Startline base model, but prior to me buying it, the front end was updated. I was looking at getting a front facing camera in the VW, but mine looks like a cheap silver VW on a flappy bit of plastic... So thinking new grille with VW badge that can accommodate the camera. The grille and the black bumper inserts have some overspray on them so it's obviously not the original front, and I couldn't seem to find the same bumper inserts listed anywhere for T6.

Can anyone identify what grille and bumper I have?

Thanks

Andrew

View attachment 231347

View attachment 231348

View attachment 231349
+1 to say that’s definitely a standard Startline textured plastic bumper that has been sprayed to match the van.

The bumper, lower inserts and upper grille are all one piece and cannot be replaced individually.

The chrome VW badge is the same across Startline, Trendline and Highline front ends, so nothing to be gained on quality by changing it.

Having made quite a lot of grille badges for T6s, I’ve become familiar with grille differences. That’s a one-piece Startline bumper with an added splitter.

Back