Good luck with the new venture! I wish you were a bit closer to Herts as apart from the suspension (CRS been there done that) all your offerings seem very tempting :thumbsup:

All the best Chris in your new venture, I’m sure it will be a success. Your knowledge and attention to detail is first class!

Having recently purchased my T6 Kombi the first thing that needed sorting was the suspension.
Chris posted a reply to my first post on here and gave me his recommendation for a max comfort setup. Koni Active shocks and H&R coils for a 40mm drop, and as I live just 30 minutes away from the new workshop it was an easy decision.
The ride is transformed and Chris has been great with advice on other issues on my wish list, and some that weren’t but are now!
Thanks Chris, and see you again on Tues!

View attachment 89467
View attachment 89469
Nice one

A big shout-out for @ChrisR and Van Cave who fitted me out with the much discussed -40mm H&R & Koni (Sport in my case as T32 with 20’ wheels) combination. I couldn’t be more pleased!

I was hoping to get the look I was after, without compromising the ride...The outcome however surpassed my expectations by some margin...the look I want, plus a smoother, quieter and altogether more composed ride. The extra clearance is also just what I needed to safely park my van under the car port.

Chris’s passion and professionalism shines through in his work and I have no hesitation in recommending him and Van Cave...and then he is just a really nice bloke as well! Thanks so much Chris!!!

#happycustomer #VanCave #ridinsmooth

Before (photo doesn’t do the before gap justice)
76043E23-5D24-4831-A340-449B1BD9D1A8.jpeg

After
EA42D772-E616-434C-A577-8FB216FC7405.jpeg
3EC5056B-E9A5-4761-BA1A-02467D2351FF.jpeg

Last edited:
A big shout-out for @ChrisR and Van Cave who fitted me out with the much discussed -40mm H&R & Koni (Sport in my case as T32 with 20’ wheels) combination. I couldn’t be more pleased!

I was hoping to get the look I was after, without compromising the ride...The outcome however surpassed my expectations by some margin...the look I want, plus a smoother, quieter and altogether more composed ride. The extra clearance is also just what I needed to safely park my van under the car port.

Chris’s passion and professionalism shines through in his work and I have no hesitation in recommending him and Van Cave...and then he is just a really nice bloke as well! Thanks so much Chris!!!

#happycustomer #VanCave #ridinsmooth

Before (photo doesn’t do the before gap justice)
View attachment 91005

After
View attachment 91006
View attachment 91007
It was great to meet you and your son today, I'm chuffed you are pleased with the end result, although I had no doubt that you would be! It was a pleasure to work on such a stunning van too. Enjoy the new ride!

Firstly anyone considering B14's - go for it!

Secondly, anyone who needs them installed - go to @ChrisR !!

Took my van to the Van Cave and can add to the chorus - Chris is an absolute professional, and your van will be in safe hands with him.

As an example when installing the coilovers, Chris noticed my rear rubber suspension cups were shot - with other places this could have been a delay of an hour or even a couple of days while waiting for the part, but Chris, of course, keeps them in stock - ahead of milk in fact, so you know he has the right priorities haha

Fab little waiting room at the unit with sofa/heater too.

Anyone thinking about getting work done at the Van Cave, go for it. Fantastic service and fantastic prices - a very rare combination!!

Firstly anyone considering B14's - go for it!

Secondly, anyone who needs them installed - go to @ChrisR !!

Took my van to the Van Cave and can add to the chorus - Chris is an absolute professional, and your van will be in safe hands with him.

As an example when installing the coilovers, Chris noticed my rear rubber suspension cups were shot - with other places this could have been a delay of an hour or even a couple of days while waiting for the part, but Chris, of course, keeps them in stock - ahead of milk in fact, so you know he has the right priorities haha

Fab little waiting room at the unit with sofa/heater too.

Anyone thinking about getting work done at the Van Cave, go for it. Fantastic service and fantastic prices - a very rare combination!!
Thanks for the great review! Sorry again about the Milk, what is a workshop without milk for a cuppa?! :rolleyes: We got some in the end though. :thumbsup:

I am delighted to announce that The Van Cave is now an Inovit wheels dealer!

Inovit offer a great range of wheels in fitments suitable for the transporter with most of their 20" sizes available in load ratings that will cover all vans, including T32!

I've included some wheel only pricing below, based on x4 wheels, but if you would like pricing for wheel and tyre packages, please PM me and I'll get you a price. I'm not able to offer any discounts on the wheels themselves, but when ordered as a package including tyres, I can always offer something. :cool:

Not all of these options are immediately available from stock, but new stock arrives in the UK regularly, so lead times shouldn't be huge for anything not currently in stock.

Oh, and of course, don't forget that we also offer Supermetal Wheel and Tyre packages at the usual great Van Cave prices. More wheel announcements to come in the near future!

Cheers all,

Chris.

Blitz - £879
Blitz Silver 1 copy.pngBlitz_SatinBlack_1.pngBlitz_BlackDDT_1.png

Torque - £869
Torque Satin Black 1.pngCopy of Torque Black_MF Dark Tint 1.png

Thrust - £869
Thrust Sliver 1.pngThrust Satin Black 1 copy.pngThrust Satin Black MF Dark Tint 1.png

Speed - £869
Speed Satin Black 1.pngSpeed Black_MF Dark Tint 1.png

@ChrisR and I have had a few email exchange about some discreet bling recently............and then Lockdown #2 kicked in! He has even "talked me out of" some things I was thinking of doing......he isn't a "grab your money merchant" but is passionate about understanding what the customer wants and guiding them on would work best.

Lovely to see the positive reviews coming in

You know my preference already... Can't wait to get those wheels on the van! Roll on the end of the month! :)

Back