Interval Service, and the point is??

Farnorthsurfer

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Just back from an 'Interval' service which came up on the dash reminder last week. The VW van centre handily also sent me a video of exactly what they did during the service!
The video is about 120 seconds long, to be fair it doesn't include getting it up on the ramp, and then he looks at the tyres, then peers at the brakes but only on one side.
That will be £84 please!!!!! But it does include a two page print out of crap about stuff.
WTF, didn't attempt to measure the tyres just guessed and had a quick look round then sent the van to a sub contracted MOT station.
Maybe I am just miffed because when I got it home I found it had a parking scrape on the wheel arch that wasn't there when I gave it to them.:mad:
Its 2016 so I am well out of warranty and think thats it for me and the main dealer.
Planning to keep the van for years so probably a good time to find an independant who will look after it properly.
Any recommendations for independants in the Highlands?

My geography is as poor as my mechanical skills but this thread may have some near you -

I was recommended to a independent guy in Oldmeldrum. He's a vag time served technician.
He done the belt, pullies, water pump and aux belt for under £450.
All OEM equipment too.

My geography is as poor as my mechanical skills but this thread may have some near you -
Thanks, I was a contributor to that thread.
Oldmeldrum isn’t out of the question but is quite a trek from Nairn. Increasingly thinking that I should just get on and do it myself as I have most of the tools and the VCDS. But it’s a driveway job and no garage, not that will fit the van anyway. At least if I scrape it when I move it I would only have myself to blame!

I’m with you on the “interval service” being a waste of time and money. Basically, stiff you to remove a dashboard alert!

Are we talking 'Inspection'....?

I think the concensus was that it unnecessary outside of warranty and some VW van centres will do it for free, like Lookers, Middlesbrough

Are we talking 'Inspection'....?

I think the concensus was that it unnecessary outside of warranty and some VW van centres will do it for free, like Lookers, Middlesbrough
I was talking “Inspection”….£80 plus dreaded to clear the alarm!

Just back from an 'Interval' service which came up on the dash reminder last week. The VW van centre handily also sent me a video of exactly what they did during the service!
The video is about 120 seconds long, to be fair it doesn't include getting it up on the ramp, and then he looks at the tyres, then peers at the brakes but only on one side.
That will be £84 please!!!!! But it does include a two page print out of crap about stuff.
WTF, didn't attempt to measure the tyres just guessed and had a quick look round then sent the van to a sub contracted MOT station.
Maybe I am just miffed because when I got it home I found it had a parking scrape on the wheel arch that wasn't there when I gave it to them.:mad:
Its 2016 so I am well out of warranty and think thats it for me and the main dealer.
Planning to keep the van for years so probably a good time to find an independant who will look after it properly.
You'll do no better than Russell's garage at inchmore near Inverness

There's excellent MTB routes close by at Craig dunain , aigis , drumnadrochit etc .
Very popular with road cyclists too , loop around beauly firth & up over to drum .
Usually need to give Russell plenty notice to book in .

Back