Russell’s Garage near Inverness

Farnorthsurfer

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Going to give Russell his own thread as he deserves it for outstanding service over the last couple of years. Originally booked in for a service early in 2023 following recommendations in a couple of other threads about garages in the north of Scotland/Highlands. Very good service and extremely knowledgable about VW vans. Russell was happy to talk about the van and how I wanted it looked after. Gave good advice on looking after it long term and did the extras properly like the 4Mo diff filter.
Subsequently he was really helpful with advice about EGR issues and the dreaded corrosion on my engine type. Many texts and a couple of calls later I sorted a solution detailed in another thread.
After a long road trip to Italy/Austria he was happy to check out what I thought might be a bearing issue but we think was tyres. Couldn’t have been more helpful.
It’s just back from the second service and a pre MOT check during which I embarrasingly discovered that I had dislodged the bonnet release cable the day before and effectively locked the bonnet down. No problem, sorted in 20 minutes with reassuring explanation of what was done and how the problem was fixed.
The place isn’t the easiest to find but it’s on Google maps and highly recommended.

Back