Internal or External Front Screen Cover - Insulated Or Not

As said earlier in the thread absolutely superb but do consider the long version which I personally prefer.

Thanks for the advice, I can't find that one anywhere online - is it a case of just calling minster direct?

Yes just give them a call they are very helpful people
I agree - I've found them super helpful.

As said earlier in the thread absolutely superb but do consider the long version which I personally prefer.

@Nigel W - what's the big benefit of the long version? On most of the thermal screens I've seen, the wipers sit on the bottom, which I presume helps hold it in place... obviously this wouldn't be possible with the long version?

I agree - I've found them super helpful.

@Nigel W - what's the big benefit of the long version? On most of the thermal screens I've seen, the wipers sit on the bottom, which I presume helps hold it in place... obviously this wouldn't be possible with the long version?
We went for the long because it covers the scuttle so it stops draughts through the air vents, stops the scuttle filling with leaves, snow just slides off and doesn’t build up, it covers the wiper blades so the rubber doesn’t perish in the sun and you don’t get any light leakage along the bottom.
I guess these are not huge advantages but it is something for nothing if you follow.
Incidentally don’t worry about needing the wipers to hold it down, once these are on they don’t move at all even in gale force winds.

Hey bud, have you tried your motor blinds?
Hi @Adaptive - they actually haven’t arrived yet. Let down by deliveries as they tried to deliver pre 9am before anyone was in the office. I tried to rearrange and then called up on Friday and they had marked it as “return to sender”.

...hopefully they’re delivering on Monday

just wondering what is the best windscreen and side windows cover for T^, blackout and thermal, cheers??

Hi,
Will be taking delivery of my T6 campervan in October.
In terms of minimising condensation are interior or exterior thermal covers better?
Thanks in advance.

We’ve had both & prefer internal. Yes you do get some condensation, but this is soon wiped off with a microfibre cloth. It’s easier when pulling up late at night to stick the blinds in from the inside, especially if it’s pi55ing down. Similarly when packing up. I also think the internal ones are warmer.
Just IMO.

Thanks Salty Spuds.
Can't decide at the moment, totally understand both points of view.
Anyone have any other experience?

water will always condense on the cold areas
sometimes it can be advantageous to have the windcreen has a "collection" point. easily wiped, dried
better there than somewhere you can't access easily

Back