Insurance Companies

Do not go with Adrian Flux, I just sold my vehicle and cancelled the insurance. Whole year cost £435, 8 months left to run so my calculations say I should get roughly £290 back... they are refunding £75! Between the broker and the insurer they are taking over £200 in fees... shocking!

£388 for JustKampers for my soon-to-arrive new van, with options to upgrade to agreed value policy later once camper conversion is completed. It was £31 cheaper with a tracker with “subscription to a monitoring service”. Once the conversion value kicks in, tracker is mandatory anyway so I’ve gone with that from the start.

Do not go with Adrian Flux, I just sold my vehicle and cancelled the insurance. Whole year cost £435, 8 months left to run so my calculations say I should get roughly £290 back... they are refunding £75! Between the broker and the insurer they are taking over £200 in fees... shocking!
All of which should have been stated in the terms and conditions. I even seem to recall that sort of stuff being talked about in the spiel when I called to pay for my quote. If it wasn't the T&Cs, you might have a case against them - if it was..............

All of which should have been stated in the terms and conditions. I even seem to recall that sort of stuff being talked about in the spiel when I called to pay for my quote. If it wasn't the T&Cs, you might have a case against them - if it was..............
Being a lawyer in a previous life I can assure you I read everything. Definitely nothing stated in the initial telephone call and simply a £35 cancellation fee noted in their T&C's...

IF it’s a campervan try NFU, my insurance premium is dropping every year with the same level of cover.
As said there are many variables and probably home post code makes a big difference.
Agreed, same for me, and I believe no charge for amendments.
If you have a transporter, breakdown cover is included, but not campervans?

Gents

who seems to be giving the best deals on Van Insurance at the moment.
I have always insured through NFU as all my vehicles have been land rovers ( Don’t Laugh ), they will be my first port of call, however, I am unsure how they view modifications as my van has a few.
204 DSG Kombi 4 Motion.
Just looking for others experiences.

Gents

I have always insured through NFU as all my vehicles have been land rovers ( Don’t Laugh ), they will be my first port of call, however, I am unsure how they view modifications as my van has a few.
204 DSG Kombi 4 Motion.
Forgot to ask….Are there any current Discount Codes available for any of the Companies?

Forgot to ask….Are there any current Discount Codes available for any of the Companies?
We've been around the block with the usual suspects. Flux, Just Kampers (all the same company btw) & have been with Aplan for the last couple of years. Ours is a 17 plate 204 4mot, full conversion, £70k agreed value, full no claims protected & we're paying just under £400 with 10k miles/year & 270 days euro cover.

We've been around the block with the usual suspects. Flux, Just Kampers (all the same company btw) & have been with Aplan for the last couple of years. Ours is a 17 plate 204 4mot, full conversion, £70k agreed value, full no claims protected & we're paying just under £400 with 10k miles/year & 270 days euro cover.
That seems like a pretty quote to me.
Is there a particular office or person that you need to speak to?. I have heard about specific names and offices being mentioned when dealing with Insurance companies before.

Gents

204 DSG Kombi 4 Motion.

Oi - there are ladies here too! :mad::mad:

Have a look at my post, previous page. Low mileage, safe rural area, 20 years NCD . . .
NFU could not have been more unhelpful, I got the impression that they really did not want my business.

Apologies, an inadvertent slip on my part, in my defence I have just had an operation of my foot and am currently off my trolley on morphine

I have just had a quote from A Plan for £690 per year, protected NCD. Taking into account modification, Swamper lift, alloys, body mouldings etc.
I had hoped for less but I’m not sure as I have no benchmark.

I have all my Policies with NFU but they have just told me that because I don’t physically have the vehicle in my possession they won’t offer insurance until I do, even though I am listed on the V5 as the owner and have paid for it!

I have never heard of this one. I have been with NFU for about 30yrs and never experienced this one before

Gents

204 DSG Kombi 4 Motion.
NFU were by far the cheapest option for me. They wanted to know that it was registered as a ‘motor caravan’ and that the converter and conversion was recognised and approved.

Apologies, an inadvertent slip on my part, in my defence I have just had an operation of my foot and am currently off my trolley on morphine
Make the most of it there’s cut backs to be made, you could be biting on a leather belt tomorrow.

Back