Insurance Companies

I'm 52 and live in Shropshire. Mine's and Caravelle, so it's basic car insurance. 15k miles per year and business use, plus we have quite a few other vehicles, which I believe lowers the 'risk'.
Ah yeah I would imagine Shropshire is a much cheaper postcode. Anywhere in a city or outskirts is going to be more.. I've got 3 other vehicles as well. I think the value probably quite a bit different as well. I'm pretty happy with 450, given how much we've been paying for the car it replaces.

Has anyone else with Comfort noticed on policy document that NCD says nil, even if you have one? I saw another comment from someone saying they don't do NCD protection.. Is there something strange about the way they manage this?

Has anyone else with Comfort noticed on policy document that NCD says nil, even if you have one? I saw another comment from someone saying they don't do NCD protection.. Is there something strange about the way they manage this?
Just found this. Strange! Does that mean I can use my full NCD on another vehicle without affecting the premium?

Can I use my No Claims Bonus on my motorhome policy?
Yes however at Comfort insurance our motorhome policies are net rated, thus allows us to provide you with the maximum discount available to you. You can therefore apply your existing no claims bonus to the policy however it will not affect your premium.
Will I lose my No Claims Bonus if I use Comfort?
No, if you do go ahead and apply your No Claims Bonus to the policy you will continue to accrue your bonus year on year. Evidence of this will be provided on your request at the end of the policy.
Can I protect my No Claims Bonus?
The only protection offered on the motorhome policy comes as standard and is as follows: If you come to Comfort with a maximum No Claims Bonus of 5 years we will guarantee to protect the bonus for the life of the policy irrespective of claims.
Can I use my No Claims Bonus on 2 vehicles?
No the No Claims can only be used on the motorhome policy if it is not in use on any other policy belonging to another vehicle.

Just got a renewal through Admiral for £308 - Day Van spec though - Van with windows on V5.....OK to deal with tbh.

Got mine today through who I use normally,NFU
Always had excellent service from them all insured plus other benefits £509
Sounds steep but with my line of work it’s a cracking deal.

I just reinsured with A-plan for the third year in a row. £374 on a T6 32 4motion Kombi, lowered with 20” rims, upgraded stereo and interior upgrades. Contacted Brentacre who wouldn’t even attempt a quote when I told them my renewal from A-plan. Tried Greenlight who were £500+ for equivalent cover.
A-plan have always been easy to deal with, simply can’t fault them.

I'm struggling to get below £1.4k for a T6 highline 2018! I live in London and didn't previously run a vehicle so have no no-claims bonus, but still it seems incredibly step. Does anyone have any tips?

Renewed today with LV. £300 excess, legal protection, 80% or 8 plus years ncb. Norfolk rural location, 10k miles per annum, £280.94

@Frank Drake did you try Brentacre.... I know they are a broker and had a couple of mixed comments recently but also previously on this thread they were one of the go to's. Worth a shout perhaps... The ncd did not affect my policy....

I'm struggling to get below £1.4k for a T6 highline 2018! I live in London and didn't previously run a vehicle so have no no-claims bonus, but still it seems incredibly step. Does anyone have any tips?
When I got mine, as my main NCB was on my main vehicle and I had only 4 years to put to the van from another car I previously owned, my quotes were coming in around 800-1K until I tried caravanguard. I got it for just over £500. Admittedly I'm not in London, but they were by the far the best company I got quotes from.

We’re with Aplan/KGM for the second year. Paid around £375 this year for a 17plate full conversion with a declared value of £75k. Got an email from Just Kampers aka Adrian Flux saying if they couldn’t beat our renewal, we’d get a £50 gift voucher. They couldn’t get close & wriggled and squirmed, needless to say, I now have a JK gift voucher to spend. Trouble is, they don’t have anything I want :rolleyes:

I made the mistake of getting quotes off Adrian Flux and Just Kampers.
These companies are like stalkers… calls, texts, emails, even junk mail through the post… chasing for business if you get a quote and they chase the year after too - even if you don’t get a quote.
Just Kampers we’re dearer than LV and Aviva and didn’t rise at the request for a £50 voucher as they couldn’t match those quotes.
I dislike that kind of company.

With LV now as the price was great but will try others mentioned elsewhere in this thread next time as now I’m worried about valuations.

I made the mistake of getting quotes off Adrian Flux and Just Kampers.
These companies are like stalkers… calls, texts, emails, even junk mail through the post… chasing for business if you get a quote and they chase the year after too - even if you don’t get a quote.
Just Kampers we’re dearer than LV and Aviva and didn’t rise at the request for a £50 voucher as they couldn’t match those quotes.
I dislike that kind of company.

With LV now as the price was great but will try others mentioned elsewhere in this thread next time as now I’m worried about valuations.
Just Kampers & Adrian Flux are the same company. Previously we’ve been insured with both. Last year I got the “we’ll beat any quote or give you a £50 voucher email” being a tight Yorkshire man, I took em up. They couldn’t get anywhere close to my Aplan renewal, so I claimed my voucher….and got it.

Just Kampers & Adrian Flux are the same company. Previously we’ve been insured with both. Last year I got the “we’ll beat any quote or give you a £50 voucher email” being a tight Yorkshire man, I took em up. They couldn’t get anywhere close to my Aplan renewal, so I claimed my voucher….and got it.
Ah, thanks, kind of makes sense now although why they both need to ring me at renewal time if they are the same company is a bit beyond me.
Glad you got the voucher. When I asked the guy on the phone laughed a little, said goodbye and hung up.

@Lubrown. It's weird how we can have such different experiences with the same firm. I've been insured via JustKampers for 3 years now and never received excessive amounts of unwanted emails from them - quite the opposite as I find some that I'm expecting simply don't arrive in my in box but to date that hasn't caused me any real problems as I usually know when they're due and get them from my JK account. For the last two years, the underwriter has been Ageas and they were excellent when I had a no fault £4K plus damage accident on last New Years Eve (see: https://www.t6forum.com/threads/an-accident-damn-it.32158/0 ). The repairs were authorised on the day of my first phone call and they made it easy for me to use my own trusted bodyshop. My policy is up for renewal at the beginning of next month and I spoke with JK yesterday to get a feel for how much they wanted to charge for renewal. Given the aforementioned accident, I was prepared for the worst but they actually quoted me just a single £ (that's £1) more this year than last, again with Ageas. I was happy with the price after phoning around last year and have therefore decided that I'm probably going go renew with them again this year. Mind you, I'm also influenced by the fact that I'm on a road trip in France until only a couple of days before the current policy expires and so need to get something sorted before I even get home.

We’re with Aplan/KGM for the second year. Paid around £375 this year for a 17plate full conversion with a declared value of £75k. Got an email from Just Kampers aka Adrian Flux saying if they couldn’t beat our renewal, we’d get a £50 gift voucher. They couldn’t get close & wriggled and squirmed, needless to say, I now have a JK gift voucher to spend. Trouble is, they don’t have anything I want :rolleyes:
That’s a good price! They quoted us between £1,500-2,000 (including telling them about forum discount…) so went with Brentacre - had another good quote from somewhere else too but Brentacre have all details of the van/mods/listed price.

725 with safeguard seems a little high. 45 year old male with my wife on the policy with 3 points for an SP30. Quoted on a t6 valued at 34k. Should I consider alternatives or is this the norm these days ?

Back