ID Buzz

Just a quick update.
Had a test charge on public charger yesterday just to see how well it works.I used my watch with Apple Pay .
It was £0.85 p per kw. I put in enough for 33 miles and it cost me £7.06
I don’t plan to charge mine out on the road as hopefully can always get a day out of one charge at home. This is very cheap if you can top up in the 4 hour window overnight but will cost more to run than my t6 if charging out on the road.
Still loving driving the van just coming up to 3000 miles now saving a lot of money on fuel.

Clearly great looking but overpriced. They thought we are all mugs. The dealer phoned me yesterday offering one ID Buzz, 5 seater, registered in July 2023 with 700 miles on it at 47k (Vat included). Trade value of my 21 Caravelle same money I paid for it in July this year. In addition 7.5% interest rate if I get finance with them.
The same Id Buzz in July was 65k. What’s happening?

Reactions: CAB
Looking on Autotrader, some dealerships are offering 7-8k off list price on unregistered Buzzs. The PCP guaranteed final fee from VWFS is still very strong though

Clearly great looking but overpriced. They thought we are all mugs. The dealer phoned me yesterday offering one ID Buzz, 5 seater, registered in July 2023 with 700 miles on it at 47k (Vat included). Trade value of my 21 Caravelle same money I paid for it in July this year. In addition 7.5% interest rate if I get finance with them.
The same Id Buzz in July was 65k. What’s happening?

I agree, they are massively overpriced at new, but so is every other new car. When a car is first released, there are very few discounts available ... fast forward a year and a slowing of new car buying and we see the bargains appear. I think manufacturers must drop the prices to shift volume ... I mean, they just want the factory flat out right?

But £18k in a year is pretty shocking .... 28% depreciation. :eek:

I just added adaptive cruse control to mine with a one month free trial from the vw shop.
It was very easy to do . It downloaded to van and all working when I turned van on .
The button light up on steering wheel so I can see why they changed the controls on the wheel.
I wasn’t given a price to buy at the end of the month so expecting it to be high.They want £850 for Satnav.
They also are offering voice control for a month has anyone used it as review don’t look good but will probably give it a go and download tomorrow.

Added the voice control hoping it would control the heating system.This is the one I don't like adjusting as driving the most.
Asked it the adjust the temperature and was told it cannot control this system.It can change the radio station and volume but not worth paying for after the free trial.
The ACC works well even moving the van when in traffic or stopping at lights.

Just traded in our White T6 Edition DSG van for a brand new Buzz Cargo Commerce plus to use locally around Suffolk.
Still keeping the Grey T6 DSG Edition kombi for the longer journeys.

Had a Buzz on demo for the day and thought it would be rubbish as I'm a total 'petrolhead' having recently sold my Aston Martin Vantage and currently running a 2016 Ford RS & Range Rover 4.4 but I have been pleasantly surprised!
Having a charger fitted at my Unit next week but been on a 100 mile round trip earlier this week and very pleased with it so far.

1705571368034.jpeg

1705571398879.jpeg1705570879093.jpeg

I charge mine over night with 4 hours at £0.09p a Kw.
My range has dropped with the temps down to 0 deg only getting about 190 miles on the motorway at 70 ish.
When the temp goes up to about 10 deg the range jumps a lot. I had a stone hit the screen last week so need to get that replaced now just hope they can get hold of one .
the problem I have now is I don’t want to use my car I just preheat the van and jump in that.

I charge mine over night with 4 hours at £0.09p a Kw.
My range has dropped with the temps down to 0 deg only getting about 190 miles on the motorway at 70 ish.
When the temp goes up to about 10 deg the range jumps a lot. I had a stone hit the screen last week so need to get that replaced now just hope they can get hold of one .
the problem I have now is I don’t want to use my car I just preheat the van and jump in that.
Good to hear, London or Cambridge will be the furthest I’ll use mine for I guess so 150 mile round trips max. I live only 3 miles from the office so probably 3 days a week will only be doing 6 miles a day.

Interesting that yours is a new one but come with the 3 little 'pips' on the C/D pillar. Mine came without, I've since bought them but the van hasn't been clean enough to fit them yet.

Ours is now on H&R Coilovers, I think it's running about 60mm lower than standard, last bit to do will be the wheels, those will have to wait until I sell my T6 Sportline

20231009_110906.jpg

Interesting that yours is a new one but come with the 3 little 'pips' on the C/D pillar. Mine came without, I've since bought them but the van hasn't been clean enough to fit them yet.

Ours is now on H&R Coilovers, I think it's running about 60mm lower than standard, last bit to do will be the wheels, those will have to wait until I sell my T6 Sportline

View attachment 226004
Yes I had them fit the 6 x side badges as part of the deal together with carpet etc. Yes looks nice lowered but don’t think the Buzz looks too bad with standard ride height & the stock 19’s unlike the Transporters that look like their on stilts with tiny standard wheels lost inside the arches. If your selling the standard alloys let me know, a guy in Ipswich local to me has already asked if I’m selling mine as I normally have 20’s and drop them 40mm on H&R’s.
Have you taken out the bulkhead as I see side windows have been added? Think I may do the side windows as I’m used to having a kombi and a bit more side vision plus will have a dog crate in the back.

I got my 19 s from eBay as mine came with the 18 steels.The seller still has sets inc 20 s and mine came in perfect condition but had been driven on As advertised.
I see you have fitted wind deflectors I need to get a set do they fit ok .

I got my 19 s from eBay as mine came with the 18 steels.The seller still has sets inc 20 s and mine came in perfect condition but had been driven on As advertised.
I see you have fitted wind deflectors I need to get a set do they fit ok .
Yes window deflectors fit well. They’re the vanstyle ones - cheaper to buy them through eBay £58 inc delivery than directly from them on their website which is strange?

Yes I had them fit the 6 x side badges as part of the deal together with carpet etc. Yes looks nice lowered but don’t think the Buzz looks too bad with standard ride height & the stock 19’s unlike the Transporters that look like their on stilts with tiny standard wheels lost inside the arches. If your selling the standard alloys let me know, a guy in Ipswich local to me has already asked if I’m selling mine as I normally have 20’s and drop them 40mm on H&R’s.
Have you taken out the bulkhead as I see side windows have been added? Think I may do the side windows as I’m used to having a kombi and a bit more side vision plus will have a dog crate in the back.
Good move on the side badges, sadly they weren't available to order when I picked mine up back in Dec 2022.

I will be looking to sell the 19s for sure, I have way too many car bits in my gaarge at home to want to store another set of wheels. I'm torn between 20s and 21s, I think 20s are most likely to win, seems the best compromise between looks and useability, just need to source a staggered set of wheels with the right offset and load rating. Been waiting for Navis or Supermetal to start offering some of their designs in 5 x 112 but I don't think the number of Buzz's sold so far makes it stack up for them, hope I'm wrong.

I have left the bukhead in for now, It's the bulkhead with the window, I had the cab side of the bulkhead lined in 4 way stretch carpet so it looks more 'plush'. The side windows add to the visibility on the passenger side but are useless in that regard on the drivers side with the bulkhead still in place.

I often stay overnight in hotels when working away and always empty out the back of the van into the room when I do. My thoughts on the side windows is that it means the low lives that like to visit hotel car parks at 3am can see that there is chuff all to steal from the back of the van so hopefully don't bother breaking in to it.

Good move on the side badges, sadly they weren't available to order when I picked mine up back in Dec 2022.

I will be looking to sell the 19s for sure, I have way too many car bits in my gaarge at home to want to store another set of wheels. I'm torn between 20s and 21s, I think 20s are most likely to win, seems the best compromise between looks and useability, just need to source a staggered set of wheels with the right offset and load rating. Been waiting for Navis or Supermetal to start offering some of their designs in 5 x 112 but I don't think the number of Buzz's sold so far makes it stack up for them, hope I'm wrong.

I have left the bukhead in for now, It's the bulkhead with the window, I had the cab side of the bulkhead lined in 4 way stretch carpet so it looks more 'plush'. The side windows add to the visibility on the passenger side but are useless in that regard on the drivers side with the bulkhead still in place.

I often stay overnight in hotels when working away and always empty out the back of the van into the room when I do. My thoughts on the side windows is that it means the low lives that like to visit hotel car parks at 3am can see that there is chuff all to steal from the back of the van so hopefully don't bother breaking in to it.
Yes, the six side badges were about £150+vat retail the Salesman told me!
Not sure on the wheel size and if it will reduce the range as 20's on my Transporters always reduced the fuel economy.
But as they offer a 20 & 21 option on the Buzz people carrier I guess as long as the replacements are not super wide that should be fine.
Would like the bulkhead out of mine as its a solid one as I have the barn doors on the back but again although a bit of weight will be gone the heating/cooling will suffer as a bigger space to warm/cool etc.

Did you fit the side windows yourself or get them fitted? I see they are available as a kit on eBay and iDKamper.com do them fitted at £750 a pair.

I to stay away a bit in Hotels but lugging the gear (sometimes upstairs in a Premier Inn) is a bit much so we upped our Van insurance policy to 5k cover on machines/tools that we keep onboard. The only time I had a back window broken was a Travelodge in Nuneaton about 25 years ago when we had Transits and their was actually nothing at all in at the time!

Probably won't be using the Buzz to much staying away as will probably take the Transporter as it might be as far as Scotland but do have exhibition we are doing at Excel in June when I will take the Buzz and be away for a couple of nights.

I bought the six side badges from ID Kamper for around that amount. Just need to get round to fitting them

I don't tend to drain the buzz much below 25%. For long journeys (250 miles plus) I plan in a charge stop. My long trips are always to Milton Keynes and the amount of chargers there mean you never really struggle, there's also a fast Ionity station next to Junction 14 of the M1. I think the wheel design and tyre choice have a big effect on the range. I spoke to Bognor motors a whicle back and they stressed getting an EV tyre was hugely important for maintaining the range.

If I'm away for one night I end up in a hotel. It its or two nights I try to find an Airbnb off the beaten track with its own drive. I'm basicallya bit paranoid.

I had my side windows fitted by VWT in Henfield, Sussex, they did the side windows on my T6 so I knew they were in safe hands, the glass was from a trade glass place and is a good match but ID Kamper I think can get genuine glass and also side windows with sliding openers. ID Kamper have their own one piece headliner too so I may get them to fit one on mine. I had a headliner fitted by VWT but its formed from multiple pieces and is dropping in areas and it would look much better as a one piece.

Have either of you found away to stop having to press ok on the screen ever time you get in it .
Switching off ever time you lift your weight of the seat and pressing the ok drive me mad sometimes.
It looks like white is the in colour only three of use on here all in white. I was thinking of wrapping the bottom of mine in grey but got use to the all white now so not sure. I think the bulkhead saves a lot of heat lose as I can run mine on lowest fan speed and temp at 21 deg and it’s fine for me.Not sure that would be enough with it removed.
we have a1500 kg caravan we tow with are car but thinking about getting a 1000 kg small caravan and using the buzz.
We don’t go far so range should be ok if we can get charging on site or close by. I see Sainsbury’s are starting to put supercharging in car parks so hopefully the others will follow soon.

I think I did know a way but I can't for the life of me remember how I got rid of the need to press ok, whatever I did certainly didn't last as I need to press it again now.

I was going to get the bottom half of mine wrapped too, I took it to a guy I know who runs a spray shop. He was really against touching it as he said it look great in white. he convinced me to go the stormtrooper route with it (basically his way of saying just leave it alone). I'll be putting matt black wheels on in the spring and probably just some side decals as below to break up the white a bit.

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
I think I did know a way but I can't for the life of me remember how I got rid of the need to press ok, whatever I did certainly didn't last as I need to press it again now.

I was going to get the bottom half of mine wrapped too, I took it to a guy I know who runs a spray shop. He was really against touhing it as he said it look greats in white. he convinced me to go the stormtrooper route with it (basically his way of saying just leave it alone). I'll be putting matt black wheels on in the spring and probably just some side decals as below to break up the white a bit.

View attachment 226435
Yes these are like the 'Edition' stripes we have/had on my Grey & White edition vans and look kool!

Back