The VW Driveway Fleet...

sparkzer

Sparkzter!
T6 Guru
As i spotted this new section, i thought it deserved a post!

In a bizarre turn of events, i find myself with a fleet almost exclusively of VW vehicles currently even though i'm not particularly a VW fanboy.

It started with my Golf mk7.5...i bought this one with a few hundred miles on it. After trying various makes over the years, we always said a the golf i'd previously owned years ago was one of the best allrounders id owned - so i got another one - this one!.
IMG_20180803_140225.jpg

A few months after getting this one, my other half decided she wanted a car change...initially she was looking for an Audi A1, however for the money we found we could get a newer Polo GTI cheaper, with less miles on...so we bit the bullet and doubled up the VW driveway.
IMG-20180511-WA0000.jpg
I had been looking out for a classic fixer-upper for a while, something about the same ages as me that i remember from my childhood, with the intention of keeping it and watch it grow in value... i always thought the Mk1 Golf was a great looking car and whilst its a classic, it hid its age pretty well compared to other cars of the era...anyway, this GTI popped up on ebay for a decent price....so i bought it! its pretty tidy, but did need some roof work (rust around the sunroof) and a few bits of tidying hear and there. I was initially intending the replace the roof skin in its entirety, however, its not the easiest job to separate the skin from the frame, so thought id take a look at the damage and see if a metal repair was practical as if the roof was coming off anyway, i couldn't make it any worse! I cut out the bad (one bigish hole and a couple of smaller pin holes which had bubbled up where the sunroof frame meets the skin). it wasn't as bad as it could have been so got rid of all the rust, welded in some new metal. it turned out pretty well altho still plenty of other jobs to get done.
IMG_20190524_205558.jpg

So...who else has some other VWs along side their T6's?

Last edited:
A Mk2 Golf GTI, owned since '93.
I promised the wife I would sell it, if she let me buy a T6... I didn't sell it & I now have 2 Vw's :)

GTI, Nearside rear 3.4 (7).JPG

Does this count, I’m sure VW owned them at some point, or was it the other way around....

45EE2F90-4E0E-456A-8DB5-7D6FA9D2F845.jpeg

Reactions: CAB
My 2017 Skoda Superb was a fantastic motor...got rid of it for the T6s, but LOTS of toys on the Superb that I miss on the T6 :(

Ditto here - I had 2 Superbs and they were very well appointed. Main things I miss on the T6 - decent halogen headlights and storage.

View attachment 60244

Tiggy loaded up for hols, pre T6. Amarok lurking in the background

View attachment 60245

The garage queen that sadly never seems to go out. This year things will change... promise.

I spent over a year trying to find an original 3door Oak Green 16v, big bumper, power steering Mk2, although not sure if yours is a 16v, but that is nice.
Is it as nice as it looks? I had a Black MK1 GTI and then a Red MK2 8v, then a Red MK3 GTI (Which were worthless at the time, but going up in value now) then I lost the plot and moved to BMW, but i'd buy another MK2 if the right one came along.

It is a 16v. The aerial is the giveaway on that pic.

It is a nice one. One previous owner, all the history, never modified etc. I've had it about 10 years, added some factory options and had a little bit of paintwork done. I have considered selling it as it doesn't get used, but I can't. Once it's gone, they'll never be another like it, so it's here to stay.

It is a 16v. The aerial is the giveaway on that pic.

It is a nice one. One previous owner, all the history, never modified etc. I've had it about 10 years, added some factory options and had a little bit of paintwork done. I have considered selling it as it doesn't get used, but I can't. Once it's gone, they'll never be another like it, so it's here to stay.

Its stunning mate and I can see why you wouldn't sell it.
There was a bog standard 3door Mk2 Driver at Camper mart last week in the Show and shine. It was really nice and only about 60k on the clock. Needless to say it picked up and award. Plus great to see a much younger owner keeping it stock and appreciating what it was.

Back