ID Buzz

Allan A

204 DSG LWB Kombi 4motion. Sports day/weekend van
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Whilst walking along Venice Beach, Los Angeles the other day (oh.............sorry I loved writing that sentence!), I came across a VW promotional shoot for their new totally electric range of vehicles a golf, mid range something or other and the VW Buzz.

Have to say it looked really good IMHO!

Scheduled 2022

B63E111A-2A47-402B-AE3F-156F96DE632A.jpeg

40BDBAB5-E45A-42F1-A413-9A650B168622.jpeg

526E1EBA-352F-4328-81A9-9C4C880864EC.jpeg

Last edited:
Think it looks really cool/quirky/unique but not sure its my cup of tea, im sure there will be people who will love this and drive around places like this with a surfboard strapped to the roof thinking they are really cool but real world use of this has to be very limited with no loadspace so certainly no T7 !!
Good find though and some great photos

More Citroen Picasso than T7 as far as size/layout goes, but it does show the direction the styling is heading in. That's the concept that they've wheeled out at a few shows isn't it? Think it was called the ID Buzz or somthing like that.

T7 Not for me. I agree with Pauly may look cool with surf board and in that kind of enviroment .But it looks quite limited for every day use.

Bless. I think they took their inspiration from an 80s space hopper face, with the side view of a Renault espace, and the rear modelled on a church pew.

Seems to be pretty much the standard manufacture format for anything they claim we will be driving in the future.

Interesting comments seems to be a ‘marmite’ moment. I would have agreed it looks very Citreon like and small until I saw it in the flesh.

Actually when you are standing next to it it appears to be about the same size as a SWB T6 and is actually very substantive. Sitting inside it seemed a bit larger perhaps a lower floor. Oh and it’s probably going to be a T10 or T11.

I have to admit the setting was the winner though, unfortunately I didn’t think to do a wider shot of the muscle beach and bikini clad views however I did get the ‘Green Doctors’ now legal cannabis supply in California!

1AEEDD08-063F-49A5-B33C-ED598356D49D.jpeg

The front also seems to have a hint of the new beetle bonnet about it. It is a bit marmite but I guess we will have to wait and see if it ever makes production.

I wouldn’t take it too seriously, even more than most other manufacturers, VW show a range of developing concepts as they try and judge reactions to various design elements. That and the need for their PR dept to get people talking about VW in a positive light again! Whatever comes out in a few years time won’t look like this, but it will have some of its design elements, albeit very watered down.

I wouldn’t take it too seriously, even more than most other manufacturers, VW show a range of developing concepts as they try and judge reactions to various design elements. That and the need for their PR dept to get people talking about VW in a positive light again! Whatever comes out in a few years time won’t look like this, but it will have some of its design elements, albeit very watered down.

Totally agree, and i'm sure I saw something very similar to the Buzz a very long time ago, when I was into my Air-cooled busses. I recall that being punted as the 'Splitty' of the future, and that future having been and gone quite some time ago.

If the Buzz or any similar vehicle makes it into production, it will be as a whole new electric model and not as a "T?" me thinks.
But I think it would certainly find a market in the very popular SUV/MPV market, and really max out on the strength of the VW Brand/Heritage.

Very interesting.

Personally I'm looking forward to electric commercials being far more suitable to us high mileage drivers. I've driven a couple of electric cars and actually love the way they drive.
We stayed at Concierge camping in Chichester last year in the MH, and when I got chatting to the owner about his electric cars, he told me to take his Renault Zoe for a day. That was the first time i'd driven one, and I was really impressed.
Even my wife loved it, and she hates everything!
The power delivery on that was instant and a full day of driving round the south coast on fully charged batteries, and it still had 65% charge left at the end.

I buy diesels because I love the power and torque these big BHP engines give, far more over petrol. So electric would be a natural step for me if they had the range.

Back