ID Buzz

Mine has two singles but I am sure you can have them for the drivers but never seen anything on the twin seat.
I can feel the hole in the foam on both of my single. It was a £109 option for four but as I said my was a canceled order.
I think the ones in the photo must be early vans as the stopper don’t look good.
If anyone can help with this one I would definitely like to have them on my drivers seat.
I have seen secondhand ones on eBay for the id cars and they look the same.

Just an update on the arm rest/s. Had the Sales guy in here from VW yesterday dropping in a couple of extras for me and he has spoken to the parts department who say they can't supply all the mounting parts to me even if I buy the genuine 'Buzz' armrest brand new (£260)? However they think the arm rest is the same as fitted on the ID Car range so I'm taking a 'punt' and have purchased a used L/H side armrest off an ID3 car off eBay for £60 that should arrive sometime next week.
They do believe the treaded insert is fitted into the seat during manufacturing.
VW can supply me the fixing bolt (£1) but the 'Bush/spacer' is what they tell me is fixed to the seat backrest side to mount the armrest onto that is not available?
Once I receive the armrest/bolt I will look at what needs to be made to mount it and update again then ok.

Sounds hopeful. If it just needs a bush made and you get one with the eBay arm rest take the measurements and I will see if I can find someone to make a few.
I have seen a video on youtube of someone making the hole on seat cover with a hot copper pipe so it melts the material as it goes through stopping it from fraying. They were fitting one to a t6 or 5 I think.
Mine didn’t come with a wireless charger just the rubber slot for it . I have stuck a cheap MagSafe wireless charger from Temu inside the slot and my iPhone just pops into it. It’s working well so far.
I can see all the second hand armrest going fast on eBay if this works .

Sounds hopeful. If it just needs a bush made and you get one with the eBay arm rest take the measurements and I will see if I can find someone to make a few.
I have seen a video on youtube of someone making the hole on seat cover with a hot copper pipe so it melts the material as it goes through stopping it from fraying. They were fitting one to a t6 or 5 I think.
Mine didn’t come with a wireless charger just the rubber slot for it . I have stuck a cheap MagSafe wireless charger from Temu inside the slot and my iPhone just pops into it. It’s working well so far.
I can see all the second hand armrest going fast on eBay if this works .
IMG_8674.jpeg This is what I’m getting off eBay - the Ali insert is included but there must be another part with a square end that the arm rest slots onto that’s fixed to the seat? Good tip about using a hot copper pipe stopping the fraying - now says I may receive the armrest by the weekend so will update again ASAP. I’ll also check my T6 as that has 2 x armrests fitted on both front captains seats as I’m sure the fixing will be the same/similar…………

Interesting that yours is a new one but come with the 3 little 'pips' on the C/D pillar. Mine came without, I've since bought them but the van hasn't been clean enough to fit them yet.

Ours is now on H&R Coilovers, I think it's running about 60mm lower than standard, last bit to do will be the wheels, those will have to wait until I sell my T6 Sportline

View attachment 226004

Im planning on getting these once my Buzz arrives ... hows the ride?

Im planning on getting these once my Buzz arrives ... hows the ride?
It's not really much different to how it was before it was lowered to be hinest, the ride isn't at all harsh or crashy. I'd say it was worth it for sure.

I've had plenty of cars lowered in the past and the ride in some of them was awful, this is one of the best kits I've had fitted for sure.

It's not really much different to how it was before it was lowered to be hinest, the ride isn't at all harsh or crashy. I'd say it was worth it for sure.

I've had plenty of cars lowered in the past and the ride in some of them was awful, this is one of the best kits I've had fitted for sure.

Thank you ... I'm sold in that case. I've not seen many suitable wheel options yet ... the ones I like on the T6 aren't suitable for the Buzz.

Thank you ... I'm sold in that case. I've not seen many suitable wheel options yet ... the ones I like on the T6 aren't suitable for the Buzz.
Same here - I have supermetal wheels on my T6 and would love the same on the Buzz (rubbish pic I know)

20221125_143141 (001).jpg

I can't see many suitable options as the offsets are not inline with the T6 sadly.
There's a lot to consider with the staggered fitment, different offsets front to rear along with gettting the correct load ratings.

I really thought we would be spoiled for choice more than a year after the Buzz was released in Europe but sadly that's not the case. I'm starting to see a few more on the road now but they are still a pretty rare sight. I think that is the main reason why wheel manufacturers are not building specific wheels for it.

Once again I have to give a shout to Bognor Motors as they have helped massively with mine.

Last edited:
Any update on the armrest?
Just renewed insurance with Aviva and gone up from £400 for my 7 year old t6 kombi to £640 for the Buzz.
I do use for work (plumber). I am employed by another company and get company car allowance including carrying gas.
I am happy with this after all the bad press on evs. Still waiting for windscreen so probably get my money back on that one claim.

Not had a chance to look at the armrest this weekend @Keeff as been so busy and my T6 edition (with armrests fitted) has been out being used. I will have both the T6 & the Buzz here next weekend so will look at the armrest then - weather permitting!
Seen these brackets on eBay that maybe useful/needed once I look at the sides of the Buzz drivers seat - £50 a pair - may well fit 2 x armrest if I need to buy these brackets - lets see............................
s-l1600.jpg

At last managed to have a quick look at the arm rest situation at the weekend.
Took off the drivers T6 arm rest and the Buzz one fits straight onto the same square mounting point without a problem which is handy as it seems they still use the same mounting parts.
I think the Buzz drivers seat will have to be removed from the van and disconnected to fully check it as I don't fancy pulling the seat apart if its got Air Bags fitted as per the plastic moulding says?
I'm busy over the next couple of weeks but hopefully will get around to having a better look soon.
I've also purchased the other Buzz arm rest so will have a pair to fit once ready to go!

VW T6 Arm rest fixing - mount.jpg

Buzz arm rest fitted to T6 (2).jpg

Buzz arm rest fitted to T6.jpg

Buzz Drivers seat - AIR BAG.jpg

Keep up the good work .
Does that mean a t6 armrest will fit on the buzz ? That should make it easier to find an armrest.
If I get a chance at the weekend I will see if I can get my prob camera up inside the seat without removing it.
I only need one for the outside as I have converted the home made version of the buzz box I had in the T6 to fit .
Have managed to build an armrest into it as well.
Will take a photo and post . I was looking at the vw buzz box but look a bit cheap and doesn’t hold much .

Keep up the good work .
Does that mean a t6 armrest will fit on the buzz ? That should make it easier to find an armrest.
If I get a chance at the weekend I will see if I can get my prob camera up inside the seat without removing it.
I only need one for the outside as I have converted the home made version of the buzz box I had in the T6 to fit .
Have managed to build an armrest into it as well.
Will take a photo and post . I was looking at the vw buzz box but look a bit cheap and doesn’t hold much .
I guess it does mean there both interchangeable as the guys at VW thought when I spoke to them regarding this.
Be handy to see the probe camera pictures of the inside seat sides and the home made box/arm rest looks decent mate.

Tried to get the camera up the seat back at weekend but no luck.
I think the seat or bulkhead will need to be removed to unclip the bottom of seat back cover.

Back