ID Buzz

What charging rate does that provide @lenlec? And is that something VW provide free with all their new EVs or is it a special/limited offer they have running?

(sorry - completely ignorant of how the EV market operates)
7kw charger I think not sure if it’s available on any other vehicles

Reactions: Bav
My ID Buzz is at Emden. So 2 weeks or so if all goes Well and I’ll have it . All of my others are now confirmed build for this year. Just wish they would confirm some Transporter builds too…..

We just ordered another 10 for stock - 6 cargos and 4 Styles - all high spec

Suspension and wheels are in progress as are some styling bits - we are really looking forward to modifying these

Thanks to the guys at Breeze Portsmouth I had the chance of a 15 minute drive in this ID Buzz Cargo Commerce Pro (mine is still stuck in the German docks).

I have to say was a great vehicle - very VW, so everything felt at home instantly. It is super smooth and very easy to drive. The build quality is good, although the dash is all very hard plastic, I liked the ergonomics of it.

Can’t wait to get ours and get modifying it.

81201217-2365-47D2-8E7C-6E34EE29495B.jpegC34052E4-F7CF-493B-9777-B05ADB15328D.jpegBF9F1393-37D9-45A4-9008-3BCB78B27B7A.jpeg

I had a nosey round one the other day at my local dealers. Looks very nice inside and out, full of tech, but as good as the cab looks, it feels very cheap. Lots of scratchy hard plastic, reminiscent of cheap cars and vans of the past. A step backwards from the current transporters, the accountants are very much in charge at VW.

That sounds like an easy entry point weakness for potential thieves!
Yeah that’s a very good point- I’m sure they have security covered, or you would like to think so!

Interestingly, and I should have taken a pic, they are incredibly thick like 6-8” or more. It’s obviously some form of plastic composite as until pointed out I did not notice, they were not metal.

I’ve just found this article;

Magna thermoplastic

I had a nosey round one the other day at my local dealers. Looks very nice inside and out, full of tech, but as good as the cab looks, it feels very cheap. Lots of scratchy hard plastic, reminiscent of cheap cars and vans of the past. A step backwards from the current transporters, the accountants are very much in charge at VW.
Totally agree with that, certainly on the Cargo. The ID Buzz people carrier has a better plastics.

It’s seems to be the way it’s going in the motor industry. My friend wife’s 2016 RS3 has a typical interior and quality feel of Audi. The new RS3 has plastic everywhere and certainly feels a step down in quality . I’m sure it’s the same across most manufacturers.

Yeah that’s a very good point- I’m sure they have security covered, or you would like to think so!

Interestingly, and I should have taken a pic, they are incredibly thick like 6-8” or more. It’s obviously some form of plastic composite as until pointed out I did not notice, they were not metal.

I’ve just found this article;

Magna thermoplastic
It's interesting that the article mentions lightness and additional styling ability versus steel, but nothing about the strength.

Back