ID Buzz

It's cute. But it isn't a van so much as a big car for the ********* they are marketing at, who also think that having a surfboard on the roof gives them that lifestyle. Marketing is a great thing. You can get all sorts of idiots to buy your products by telling them they will be seen to have a life whilst still stuffing their faces on the couch.

Coming soon to a school run near you.

I know what you mean, I once ate a Yorkie bar and it didn't turn me into a lorry driver.

I can't wait to get rid of my T6 and get a Buzz cargo. Going electric makes so much sense compared to a van that does 28mpg at best and is the most unreliable turd I've owned. Also annoyingly one of the best vehicles I've owned. T6.1 highline to Buzz prices are only 7k difference. Plus 5k government grant, no brainer.

Waiting for the dual motor version though.
Good luck being the r&d Guinea pig to start with though!

Good luck being the r&d Guinea pig to start with though!
Hardly, still waiting for the dual motor to be announced and even then it's a 6month minimum wait. It will likely be this time next year before I get one.
Also it's Basically an id4/id5 running gear on a longer chassis. Proven already.
I just want decent r&d on coilovers (looking at you, coilbound Bilstein b14s) so I can slam in on it battery pack.

Test driving one on Monday to compare to my t6 and see how the racking would fit into the smaller cargo.

Last edited:
Hardly, still waiting for the dual motor to be announced and even then it's a 6month minimum wait. It will likely be this time next year before I get one.
Also it's Basically an id4/id5 running gear on a longer chassis. Proven already.
I just want decent r&d on coilovers (looking at you, coilbound Bilstein b14s) so I can slam in on it battery pack.

Test driving one on Monday to compare to my t6 and see how the racking would fit into the smaller cargo.
Id4 / 5 are hardly reliable, in reality.

I can't wait to get rid of my T6 and get a Buzz cargo. Going electric makes so much sense compared to a van that does 28mpg at best and is the most unreliable turd I've owned. Also annoyingly one of the best vehicles I've owned. T6.1 highline to Buzz prices are only 7k difference. Plus 5k government grant, no brainer.

When I enquired the dealer told me the 5k government grant is no longer available. I do wonder tho if they will be any grants for the commercial sector ?

Reactions: Bav
Id4 / 5 are hardly reliable, in reality.
Got to be more reliable than my t6 though.
I'll do some research and see what's what. 12v battery is obviously one, I'll keep a spare.
When I enquired the dealer told me the 5k government grant is no longer available. I do wonder tho if they will be any grants for the commercial sector ?
The cargo was added to the list a few weeks ago. This is a grant for businesses though.

Reactions: MrT
Got to be more reliable than my t6 though.
I'll do some research and see what's what. 12v battery is obviously one, I'll keep a spare.

The cargo was added to the list a few weeks ago. This is a grant for businesses though.
Happy days will look more seriously in to it now.

With electric vehicle about to pay tax and fuel costs the way they are, don't hold your breath for a grant.

I was in at my local dealers at lunchtime today. Apparently the £5k grant is still available on the ID Buzz Cargo, but could be withdrawn at any time like it was on the passenger version. Also if you live in Scotland (don't know about England or Wales) the government is doing 0% finance on electric vehicles. At the other end of the scale VW Finance is 11%! :eek:

Reactions: MrT
52573197167_f2ee13871e_k.jpg

So I just test drove the buzz today. First things first, the £5k government grant is already Included in the VW price, the price you get on the configuration includes the £5k grant appraently. The dealership claims it back ..... This is according to the rep that was with me.

However
It's so much quicker and more responsive than my 190bhp/320lbft heap of unreliable T6 turd.
Seriously it gets to top speed effortlessly before I've hit 60 in the t6.
Still I'll wait for the dual motor version to be announced though.
It drives so nice.
Some notes, wing mirrors are too small, need to be wider.
No full metal tailgate just a stupid window.
No arm rests on the dual bench setup..the holes are there in the seats so I'm sure they can be retrofitted.
Indicators and wipers are on the same stack.
... Annoying as f##k.
Haptic controls and screen infotainment isn't bad, critics should stop being wetwipes.
This cargo was on 19s, definitely would prefer a less spongy ride/steering response on 20s or 21s.
The stock audio does come with door woofers and dash corner mounted tweeters. Makes upgrading the audio easier.
It needs to be lowered considerably.
Needs a lip kit.

Awaits GTX........

Last edited:
Is 5K enough to pay for the surgery? It’s a bit Fugly.
I must admit I agree, quite like the look as whole apart from the front end. looks like a clown face with the lights so high and huge grin of a lower grille. they need to find some front end mods to make it more aggressive

Just check the gov grant, as I think it's about to disappear, if it hasn't done already.

Just check the gov grant, as I think it's about to disappear, if it hasn't done already.
It's been extended to 31st March 2023.
So VW need to get the order books open for the dual motor version before then.
They won't, I'll loose out in the £5k grant and guaranteed VW will Increase the price of the Buzz by £5k like they said they might.

It's been extended to 31st March 2023.
So VW need to get the order books open for the dual motor version before then.
They won't, I'll loose out in the £5k grant and guaranteed VW will Increase the price of the Buzz by £5k like they said they might.
Well, that emissions fine won't pay itself.:uh run:

Neither of them are worth the virtual space you've given them already.
The buzz looks a bit small for a van. Is it just a big car, which is then just an dick measuring contest on the school run?

I sat in one at the dealers yesterday. I'd guess it's a smidge bigger than a Peugeot Partner. They have their uses as people buy them.

You can't really say "it's a bit small for a van." That's like saying the up! is a bit small for a car. I'd did seem like it would be a bit cosy with 3 sat in the front tho'.

My issue with it was the lack of buttons. I really don't like everything on a touchscreen.

Back