ID Buzz

Newer update showing a much more realistic version rather than the gimmicky mock-ups shown in the past. Looks to be heavily based on the new Multivan and even the SWB at 4.7m will probably give similar interior space to the current Transporter due to the short overhangs, but for campers you’d probably want the 5m LWB for the AWD and bigger battery. This is finally looking like a viable van.

I prefer the styling to the t7 much more van like even though its smaller

I’ve just watched the Jonny Smith video and I really like it, I agree with him it’s a great use for EV and with a decent range it would work for 90% of our use. Shame my T6.1 has just arrived. I will watch its development closely for the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that the actual colour scheme?

Gives me a migraine just looking at it:eek:

Is that the actual colour scheme?

Gives me a migraine just looking at it:eek:
They say its still in its 'camo' to stop people knowing what it truly looks like...

Reactions: CAB
I’ve just watched the Jonny Smith video and I really like it, I agree with him it’s a great use for EV and with a decent range it would work for 90% of our use. Shame my T6.1 has just arrived. I will watch its development closely for the future.

Looking forward to seeing this in the flesh .

That will be my next vehicle. Probably next year when my t6 is 5 years old, and any faults have been ironed out

Already dreaming about a full electric camper… might be able to afford it 10-15 years from now!

I’ll be proudly loyal to my T6 until then!

ID Buzz camper….. Yes or no?

1646956756774.png

1646957869924.png

Available 2025, possibly?
All electric - 350 mile range

Last edited:
I guess the days of our vehicles having a leisure battery bank with split charge/dc-dc charge are numbered, meaning that we can all resign ourselves to the fact that campervaning will be limited to those happy to be tightly packed into commercial camp sites. I say this because the sites will be expensive due to the cost that they will have put into their electrical charging facilities for each pitch.
The electrical power required to propel a vehicle like this (with a 350 mile range) will be massive or the 350 mile range will be more like 180 miles by the time it is used in the real world.
Looks cool though!

The red one looks ok
I still believe that EV’s will be short lived since they are unsustainable so I would not buy one with my own money.

Back