ID Buzz

Totally agree with that, certainly on the Cargo. The ID Buzz people carrier has a better plastics.

It’s seems to be the way it’s going in the motor industry. My friend wife’s 2016 RS3 has a typical interior and quality feel of Audi. The new RS3 has plastic everywhere and certainly feels a step down in quality . I’m sure it’s the same across most manufacturers.
Specifically worse for VAG, as they're paying off all their emissions fines.

Our Mono Silver 1st addition is in the UK as of Friday last week. Hoping for collection before the weekend.

Seeing these pics from H&R with the MSW(OZ Racing) wheels has really inspired us. Can’t wait to start modifying :)

3EF32185-76F9-4836-8AC5-A6BBDA28EEC3.jpeg05B06314-2D07-44A3-A6A0-4507DF76505F.jpeg19FEFA2F-7B63-4C0E-8228-F9E5B4F3ED2E.jpegBA09E59D-4A81-4225-9799-368657BBE96B.jpeg525B30EA-2AF6-40EA-A605-C3DA27585B28.jpeg

As a people carrier I think it will be a success for VW, but as a van, I can see it been a massive failure for them. It's a commercial vehicle, and as such, for the majority of buyers it has to make financial sense. It's up against other EV's and ICE vans, and apart from looks, it has nothing else going for it. Unfortunately, without the bigger batteries and improved payload ( which will kind of cancel each other out ) I think it will only have a small market in "special" " brand awareness" type vehicles.

I hope I'm wrong, because I really want one, a Kombi with 400 mile plus range and 1000kg payload.

I reckon EV,s will be in decline,sales are already down infrastructure is not moving quick enough this current government do not seem keen to push uptake and they face being taxed from 2025 so still hope for diesel and petrol vehicles..Just my personal view.
Agreed

I think it will be a massive succes. Leasing the ID buzz now is at 550 per month. The leasing company suggest the van will be around 420 per month. Add my actual EV tariff at 7.5 cent per kWh and I’ll have a fully charged the ID buzz at 6 quid.

I reckon EV,s will be in decline,sales are already down infrastructure is not moving quick enough this current government do not seem keen to push uptake and they face being taxed from 2025 so still hope for diesel and petrol vehicles..Just my personal view.

Right now, I can "charge" my vehicle from empty to full in about 5 minutes.
Unless I go severely off-grid I am unlikely to be more than a few miles from somewhere I can do that without waiting half an hour for a spare pump.
I have a current range of c. 600 miles.
I can carry spare "charge" in a secure, sealed can.

When EV offers me the same I will flatten everyone else in the race to get my hands on the vehicle keys. Until the charging network can support the number of vehicles on the road, sadly I have to stay with my gas-guzzling, climate-destroying, bank-account-emptying diesel.

I really, really wish that were not the case, but it's how things are. Where I live for half the year there is not a single EV point in the town apart from a couple of hotels, and they are for guests only. The one and only fuel station has none (I just phoned and checked).

A few of my colleagues who went electric 2-3 years ago have said there was a sweet spot about 18 months ago when a wrath of charging points suddenly appeared and they rarely had problems charging away from home. Moving to today, the sales of EV's have massively increased and as we know the infrastructure hasn't kept pace, so they often find big queues at charging points, of which many are faulty, and the cost of charging has gone through the roof. The last point, the cost to charge, is becoming a major factor for many as you can't claim 45p per mile anymore, ( it's down to a few pence) and many companies supplying a company car don't pay anything at all towards charging .

All that said, myself and my colleagues do big miles , and are often away from home for days at a time. EV's only really make sense if you have short commutes every day and can charge at home.

It's cute. But it isn't a van so much as a big car for the ********* they are marketing at, who also think that having a surfboard on the roof gives them that lifestyle. Marketing is a great thing. You can get all sorts of idiots to buy your products by telling them they will be seen to have a life whilst still stuffing their faces on the couch.

Coming soon to a school run near you.

I can't wait to get rid of my T6 and get a Buzz cargo. Going electric makes so much sense compared to a van that does 28mpg at best and is the most unreliable turd I've owned. Also annoyingly one of the best vehicles I've owned. T6.1 highline to Buzz prices are only 7k difference. Plus 5k government grant, no brainer.

Waiting for the dual motor version though.

Back