ID Buzz

“Here in the heat of southern Italy and on Scandinavia’s toughest ice roads, automotive fate is created.”

They don’t know about this forum then? :D

Oooh, they've opened the pre-list for reservations....

Cali Chris has done a YT but my adhd got the better of me, so I have no clue past there's a big deposit needed.

Pre-sale VWCV linky

Last edited:
Until the the range is there, they are a no for me.

One cold Sunday morning a few months ago, myself and three colleagues set off from Sheffield to West Ham in his 77KW Audi Q4. Battery at 100%, range showing 205 miles ( it should do 320! ) . At Peterborough services we had to stop for 20 mins to top up, as we would only have 10 miles left when we got to West Ham! The car was left on a slow charge for 7 hours but it only got us back to Cambridge services where we stopped for an hour to charge to get us home. At both services the first set of fast chargers didn't work ( fortunately there were other chargers available ) and it cost my mate just under £40 to charge, and cost the rest of us £15 each for a pizza and a beer!

Apart from the cost of motorway charging, it also added the best part of 2 hours to our working day, and the cold morning killed the full capacity of the battery, and the little known fact that, the Audi goes into limp mode when the range goes below 20 miles.

His previous car, an Audi A3 TDI would have got us there and back on £40 of diesel, and we would have only stopped for 10 mins for a pee and a sandwich.

EV's may work for many, but not me, not yet.

Until the the range is there, they are a no for me.

One cold Sunday morning a few months ago, myself and three colleagues set off from Sheffield to West Ham in his 77KW Audi Q4. Battery at 100%, range showing 205 miles ( it should do 320! ) . At Peterborough services we had to stop for 20 mins to top up, as we would only have 10 miles left when we got to West Ham! The car was left on a slow charge for 7 hours but it only got us back to Cambridge services where we stopped for an hour to charge to get us home. At both services the first set of fast chargers didn't work ( fortunately there were other chargers available ) and it cost my mate just under £40 to charge, and cost the rest of us £15 each for a pizza and a beer!

Apart from the cost of motorway charging, it also added the best part of 2 hours to our working day, and the cold morning killed the full capacity of the battery, and the little known fact that, the Audi goes into limp mode when the range goes below 20 miles.

His previous car, an Audi A3 TDI would have got us there and back on £40 of diesel, and we would have only stopped for 10 mins for a pee and a sandwich.

EV's may work for many, but not me, not yet.
Supposed to be 250 odd miles range in the new buzz. Sounds good but in reality??

I heard that the ID Buzz has taken build priority over Transporters at the moment, as vw want them out on the roads. When I ordered the Buzz I was told it would probably be a 12 to 18 month wait. Got a phone call a couple of weeks ago saying it's been built and should arrive either this month or next!

So VW have connived to wilfully delay Transporter production (in preference of Buzz production) and then had the temerity to charge Transporter customers more money due to those delays. :mad:

Don't really see much to celebrate in such deceitful and underhand tactics.
I’m not sticking up for VW in any way, but they have had, and still have serious component shortages on the Transporter, and other vans, like all manufacturers.
And already on the ID Buzz there are component shortages and delays.
Caddy’s they can’t build at the minute because of component shortages as well.

I suspect they are building what they can - which isn’t enough for us and the UK market…..but obviously the ID Buzz is their latest baby and long awaited so they want to get that out to the market asap

I’d be interested to see how VW are supporting the European market as I think Brexit has had a big effect on this too, and we are getting less vehicle than pre-Brexit….

I’m not sticking up for VW in any way, but they have had, and still have serious component shortages on the Transporter, and other vans, like all manufacturers.
And already on the ID Buzz there are component shortages and delays.
Caddy’s they can’t build at the minute because of component shortages as well.

I suspect they are building what they can - which isn’t enough for us and the UK market…..but obviously the ID Buzz is their latest baby and long awaited so they want to get that out to the market asap

I’d be interested to see how VW are supporting the European market as I think Brexit has had a big effect on this too, and we are getting less vehicle than pre-Brexit….
Sorry - rant not aimed at you Oli.

I guess VW can do whatever they want with their stock of parts, but to remove price guarantee because of delays they themselves have exacerbated is bang out of order. Much like the emissions scandal, anyone would think that VW hold their customers in utter contempt. :rolleyes:

Not taken as aimed at me, don’t worry. I’ve been in this industry a long time and seen it all but this is the worst. And I agree- they are shocking with their customers. The lack of price protection isn’t just VW. Ford have done the same and numerous other manufacturers. As well as other industries. It just seems to be the normal to take the p*ss with your customers now!! VW do it very well.

Reactions: Bav
Had my free ev charger fitted yesterday via Vw
My id buzz at the docks. Should have it early December. Not bad. Only ordered 3 months ago View attachment 178797
What charging rate does that provide @lenlec? And is that something VW provide free with all their new EVs or is it a special/limited offer they have running?

(sorry - completely ignorant of how the EV market operates)

Back