Speaker Vibration when rear heater in use

Georgevrown

I have a VW Caravelle - T6 2018 model. I am experiencing wind like noise/vibration through the speakers in the middle of the vehicle, on both sides. This is not always evident but is much worse when stationary with a vehicle door or windows open.

Any ideas or cures?

I have a VW Caravelle - T6 2018 model. I am experiencing wind like noise/vibration through the speakers in the middle of the vehicle, on both sides. This is not always evident but is much worse when stationary with a vehicle door or windows open.

Any ideas or cures?

Without hearing it in person it’s hard to comment, any chance of dropping in

I cannot read the response from Fish or @Absolut5 - help!
It wasn’t a response as such - Fish tagged AbsoluT5 so the message would be brought to his attention.
To tag someone, just place an @ symbol and type their name, and they’ll get a notification.

Can you video record the sound, at all?

Any ideas or cures?

Hi George,

I have a 2019 Caravelle. It has voice enhancement on the stereo - the microphone above your head picks up your voice and plays it through the speakers in the rear. When the window is open it picks up the sound of the wind and amplifies it! You can turn it down (or off) in the settings.

It works great on a journey with the windows closed so you can speak to the people in the back.

Also, when you change the volume, you get the volume bar on the top of the headunit - on the right of the volume bar is an icon for the voice enhancement. You can press that and adjust from there.

Thank you for your views. The answer by Drays about the problem sounds a good possibility and I will try it out asap and post the outcome.

Thanks again.

I tried adjusting the Sound Enhancer but it did not make any difference.
However, on trying various permutations, I find that the 'wind' noise is only there when the radio/CD is on and the air is set to circulate though the fans in the rear/middle of the van - if I switch the air to only come through the front vents then the noise goes away. There is no noise when the radio is switched off.

Any other thoughts?

Back