How To Disable "auto Braking" When Using The Cruise Control (with Acc)

Jey

T6 Pro
Hello,

I have a Caravelle T6 from 2016.
150 Diesel 4Motion, long.

I'm looking to disable the auto-braking when I use the cruise control (95% of the time).
I don't like it, I don't need it on roads here in Finnish Lapland, but it activates often, just a litte because here we don't have important inclination.
It's uncomfortable.

I have a VAG-COM.

Thanks a lot :)

Last edited:
Hello,

I have a Caravelle T6 from 2016.
I'm using it in Lapland during the winter. It's cold, and very cold... :D

I'm looking to disable the auto-braking when I use the cruise control (95% of the time).
I don't like it, I don't need it on roads here in Finnish Lapland, but it activates often, just a litte because here we don't have important inclination.
It's uncomfortable.

I have a VAG-COM.

Thanks a lot :)
Doubt very much that it's possible, would be a safety nightmare for VW

Why not?
A normal cruise control, like 95-99% of equiped cars in the world since how many decades, don't use the brake?
It could be a parameter, we can change with VAG-COM (I hope so much...).

"You cant disable it as its a safety feature" will be the official word from VW.

but you could disable it by generating a system fault - like disconnecting the ACC sensor in the front grill.... (unplugging this relay would do that "The relay J788 (Isolation relay for powertrain CAN bus) connects B391 to B390 and B384 to B383 data lines together.")

but this would probably knock out the CC also.

but i would strongly advise against this . . . . there is also horizontal and vertical adjustments for the ACC radar at the front . . . . . maybe yours is out of alignment causing false readings?

Acc & City Braking - How Its Done -

Dellmassive`s -- "how I Done It" -- Thread

Sorry, my first message is maybe not clear.

I don't have problem with the radar.
I would like to disable the auto braking when the car goes down (inclination), to avoid the car accelerate by gravity.

I don't want to disable the radar, is perfectly working (behind a truck during a snowstorm, is amazing!).

I doubt you can adjust that . . . . .

that is an integral part of the CC system programming in the ABS/TCS/ECU.

the CC uses the ABS wheel speed sensors to monitor the van speed...... it will accelerate to keep your set speed when you UP-HILL and will use the breaks to slow you down when you go DOWN-HILL.

id assume you would have to switch off the CC or increase the speed set on the CC to stop the auto deceleration.

another thing you can do is just press the accelerator peddle to request a faster speed above the set CC speed - the van will thing you want to over take etc and let the van speed increase . . . . . albeit slowly.

I drive 40 000Km in 4 month during the winter. Playing with gaz is not a solution.
On my roads here, many times I can't feel the braking, but I saw it (red light in the back), it use brake pad, while I don't need to brake.
Other times, it brake in little downhill, instead to take few Km/h (what I want).

Maybe it's strange to read, but in my case, the auto braking is not good for me.

It's the first car I drive with auto braking, and I drove so many cars with cruise control. I don't need the car brake for me. So for me is could be very simple and normal to disable this feature (it's not a security feature like ABS, ESP, etc).

But if it seams it's impossible, I will need to do with... :'(

Or get used to it... it's not that harmfull.

That was on my wishlist too ---> Acc
But as above the benefits even out the slight inconvenience. And, probably has already saved me a 1000€ speeding ticket :eek:.
Actually in wintertime the alternator is working significantly harder thus boosting a regenerative braking a bit- when going downhill.

Early cruise control I had in cars 20 yrs ago couldn't brake and were very annoying as they often took ages to slow down to the correct speed after an incline. The last 3 or 4 cars I've had (even the ones without radar control) could brake and I find that much better.

I'm not a fan of ACC, even thought I spec'd it on mine.
I do too many miles on motorways, where it takes too long to react once the slower moving vehicle has moved aside, it's brakes far too readily, and generally causes more problems than I need.

It would be great in Europe on the toll roads where there's not much traffic, but on the very busy UK roads, where it seems everyone thinks swapping and changing lanes over and over again is the normal way to drive, it's a pain.

Cruise is fantastic, but ACC is not for me. I'd sooner have the control over my vehicle, not the person in front of me controlling it.

Do you want the option to ram them then?

As nice as that would be sometimes, I just prefer to decide when to brake and accelerate myself.

The problem is you set it at a certain distance, but that gap is often big enough for someone to undertake and move into, meaning they then brake, I automatically brake, and so on.

I've voiced this before, most people love it, I don't, and wish I hadn't had it fitted.

As nice as that would be sometimes, I just prefer to decide when to brake and accelerate myself.

The problem is you set it at a certain distance, but that gap is often big enough for someone to undertake and move into, meaning they then brake, I automatically brake, and so on.

I've voiced this before, most people love it, I don't, and wish I hadn't had it fitted.
I understand that, so you just leave it switched off?

at least having the radar you get the Auto emergency braking

I understand that, so you just leave it switched off?

at least having the radar you get the Auto emergency braking

Now and again I will try and get used to it, because in theory it should be great, but I end up deactivating after a short time.

As you know, you can adjust the distance between the car in front, and I have it set on the default setting, but for someone that's up and down the country every day, often under time constraints, and in heavy traffic, it's just not ideal, but yes the emergency braking is fantastic, and it has saved my bacon a couple of times.

ACC is a great concept, but only suitable in certain situations.

I like the challenge of using it around the lanes...

If it was an option to have ACC or have standard cruise, but you have the emergency braking feature with both options, would you still tick ACC?

I love ACC, use it all the time outside of towns. It's better in my car though, as that can come to a complete standstill and stop the engine, whereas the T6 requires you to put your foot on the brake as it doesn't have electronic parking brake. I read the 6.1 is going over to electrical power steering so maybe it'll get an electronic parking brake as well.

I had ACC on my previous Golf. At first I thought I would miss it just having Ordinary CC on the T6. However I now feel pretty much as Tourershine does. I just wish I had the emergency braking (I think).

Back