How To Disable "auto Braking" When Using The Cruise Control (with Acc)

Sorry to necro but I think the people in this thread will know the answer for me - I have non-radar cc in my 2017 T6 but it definitely runs away on downhills. Is there a way to know if it's supposed to have the braking function?

Sorry to necro but I think the people in this thread will know the answer for me - I have non-radar cc in my 2017 T6 but it definitely runs away on downhills. Is there a way to know if it's supposed to have the braking function?
I’m presuming your T6 has DSG. There is a coasting function with DSG where if you lift off the accelerator, the gearbox disengages and allows it to coast. This is a fuel saving feature.
You can override this by either tapping the brakes, or moving the gear selector to manual (right), which reconnects the transmission to the engine. You can also select “Sport” mode (S) with the gear selector. Alternatively, you can go to the settings menu in the MFD and deselect “Coasting” which switches off the function. I’ve got used to it. It is easy to tap the foot brake if needed, or select a (lower) gear to provide engine braking.

I love ACC, use it all the time outside of towns. It's better in my car though, as that can come to a complete standstill and stop the engine, whereas the T6 requires you to put your foot on the brake as it doesn't have electronic parking brake. I read the 6.1 is going over to electrical power steering so maybe it'll get an electronic parking brake as well.
The electric power steering is nice. Don’t want electric parking brake, all I hear is they are a pain in the Arse!

Standard Cruise Control System uses Engine Control Unit only to regulate the speed. So engine is the only element that provides acceleration to the preset speed and also the only thing that can slow the vehicle down(within quite low limits).

Adaptive Cruise Control system on the other hand uses ABS in addition to the ECU thus the speed control is much more precise.

The electric power steering is nice. Don’t want electric parking brake, all I hear is they are a pain in the Arse!
Electronic Parking Brake is the best and the most useful retrofit I have ever introduced to my bus.

Your opinion would be much more relevant if it was based on your own experience rather than rumors.

Standard Cruise Control System uses Engine Control Unit only to regulate the speed. So engine is the only element that provides acceleration to the preset speed and also the only thing that can slow the vehicle down(within quite low limits).

Adaptive Cruise Control system on the other hand uses ABS in addition to the ECU thus the speed control is much more precise.
Brilliant, thanks so much this is exactly the information I was looking for. Will think about an ACC retrofit then...

On the T6.1 it also can use regenerative braking, I notice this a lot in mine when there is a gentle gradient, it down shifts the DSG and kicks the alternator in (you can hear the fans on the coolbox reb right up!)

Back