How not to fit your bike rack

Out of curiosity, do the crease lines match up, or has the tailgate dropped?

The tailgate is fine but the bottom fixing “hooks” must have been in the wrong position or not fitted correctly to damage the light clusters … and being the led ones £608 the pair is an expensive mistake

The tailgate is fine but the bottom fixing “hooks” must have been in the wrong position or not fitted correctly to damage the light clusters … and being the led ones £608 the pair is an expensive mistake

I understand that, I’m just curious if the gaps are the correct size as a dropped or indirectly fitted tailgate reduces that gap, leading to this.
It’s one thing the dealer may pay the blame at (which shouldn’t affect you, unless you’ve had tailgate work done or have exceeded the carry weight of the bike rack).

It was like this when I picked it up . The bike rack wasn’t fitted when I viewed the van . I’ve only had it a week lol

It was like this when I picked it up . The bike rack wasn’t fitted when I viewed the van . I’ve only had it a week lol
Good stuff, no wiggle room then. Glad to hear they are sorting it.

I see how this happened. Quite easy. They have unscrewed the bolts and forgot to remove them. When they pulled the rack from the top of the tailgate the extruding bolts at the bottom pinched and cracked the rear lights.

Back