How much you paying for your Adblue

Don’t want dirt in your adblue....That would never work...but thanks for the heads up ....:laugh:

I just paid 99p per litre on a pump at a garage in Stockport but still only £9 for another 5k miles so not too bad in the grand scheme of things.

I just paid 99p per litre on a pump at a garage in Stockport but still only £9 for another 5k miles so not too bad in the grand scheme of things.
Still beats lugging a big heavy 10 litre bottle about to fill up

Talking to a bloke in our local Aldi who had quickly trollied a 10 litre bottle of Adblue.
He said at £16.99 it was very cheap. I’m miles off needing to refill but was obviously tempted to grab one. The wife stopped me in my tracks!
What’s the general price?

Looking at my local Karparts the other day, £1.99 a litre on a pump from a big plastic tub, 1m x 1m. Is that stuff safe?!

That's a good low end price, it was £16 for 10l at the local B&Q the other weekend.

I've seen a rather eyewatering £38 for 10l at services on the M6 - at that price I hope it is blessed by the local bishop.

It's probably not worth buying until you need it, you don't want it crystallising. Likewise avoid places that don't seem to be shifting it or stack it in dusty piles in front of the building.

I paid €8 for 10L from a pump at an autobahn services In Germany a couple of days ago.

£16 in all Wickes shops at moment plus a 10% trade discount. I can get it 43p a litre although not sure if that is bulk as its a price a haulier I know told me.

Worst I havr paid is 40Euro for 10l when in Slovakia buying at Shell station. Half the price in Tesco.

I paid £22 for a 10lt tub the other day at the Tesco PFS.

A quick Google while I was filling showed I could have had it delivered for £16 odd, so I thought £6 difference over 4500miles was ok on this occasion.

You would assume that filling up from a adblue pump would be cheapest, but I don't normally see any out and about around London.

10L drums are usually between £17-20; Aldi, Screwfix/B&Q, Motor Factors , Euro Car Parts etc
You can often find AdBlue at the commercial vehicle pumps at larger filling stations or truck stops. These are usually just off major trunk roads, maybe worth a bit of research. Look for stations that are on fuel bunkering, like UKFuels, KeyFuels etc. Those cost about £1.50 or less per litre.

Last edited:
Watch the pennies and the pounds look after themselves.

It is kind of funny that we care about a few quid for 4500 miles approx useage yet we all no doubt spend the savings on lots of really "useful" stuff. I am guilty of it as well. I probably used up any saving with my heavy right foot when travelling to Paris yesterday.

New to this adblue thing haven't had anything on the dash as of yet.
But if u bought 10l and say they only needs 6 how long does it last? I've heard it crystalises can u just shake it and then it'll b fine? Thanks

New to this adblue thing haven't had anything on the dash as of yet.
But if u bought 10l and say they only needs 6 how long does it last? I've heard it crystalises can u just shake it and then it'll b fine? Thanks
For easy life wait until it says to put in a minimum of 5l or 10l and then go and buy that size. You've plenty of time given the rate it's used at.

Back