How Easy Is It Swap Out B14's Back To Factory.

Kingsimon2000

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi all,,

So I've got 3 months to wait for my van to arrive from Germany so I've got a lot of questions to ask as a new to the group.. I think I may end up trading my new van in every two years as I get a good discount.. My thoughta are that I owuld like to go down the 19" wheel / B14 route for comfort route... how easily / costly would it be stick the factory kit back on? I'll keep the orginal bits in the garage.. Many thanks

Very easy if T32 all others are a bit more hassle but still a half day job in my experience.

Great thanks Chaps.. Yes it's a t32 t6.1 My wife was the first to say when I took her along to the dealer whats the issue with the massive gap in the wheel arch! I guess a ton of bricks and 5 rugby players might lower it down and a bit! Everyone happy with the b14's they had fitted? I'm after the min lowering of I think 40mm

IMG_0097.jpg We fitted B14's and lowered ours by 40mm. Really happy with the way it sits and drives and the comfort's way better than the standard suspension. Ours is only on 18" wheels though so slightly different to how you want yours.

Thanks Martin.. Yep to me that looks just right.. but what happens if you do put a ton of bricks in the back? 18"s look good.. I've rented LV vans ( got a hire coming up in feb for a drive to the isle of skye ) and whilst they do look good the ride was so harsh.

If you only want 40 mm there are much better and less expensive ways to do it than a B14 kit in my opinion there simply is no point putting a costly kit that does max height 40 to min height 70 - 80 mm in a car to get 40 mm the benefit of a Sleeve over kit like the B 14 is to get more than normal drops .
Avoid the harshness of a MONO tube shock and fit a tuned SPORT kit 40 mm drop with adjustable damping ,. far more comfortable and 300 quid less

Hello @Kingsimon2000 ,not sure about the ton of bricks scenario! No the drive is definitely not harsh at all but the standard suspension was. @CRS Performance obviously knows way more than i could tell you about suspension but at least with the B14's,if you decided at any time that the 40mm drop was not low enough for you,then you could lower it further again which you couldn't do without coilovers,just my opinion

Martin is Spot on , you have to be sure about the height initially , if you think you might need to go lower at some point its worth considering the Height adjustable kit
My recommendation there is either the top of the range H&R / KONI proper coil over kit which is height and damping adjustable . Or the KONI /Eibach equivalent of the B14 which uses damping adjustable KONI shocks ( more comfort ) and Eibach comfort springs

Back