How do I decode a second-hand Multimedia radio?

Not sure about those small screen units ?

Discover media headunits (the larger screen sat nav version) have a software solution now that unlocks/activates the unit via SD card

Composition media headunits (the larger screen non sat nav version) have a hardware solution that requires the unit to be dismantled and unlocked/activated
Component protection is easily solved now.
Hi Rover, I am beginning to understand this a bit more now!
I remember those days when you bought a radio off a mate for a £5 and plugged it - and you had sounds:D:);)

Not sure about those small screen units ?

Discover media headunits (the larger screen sat nav version) have a software solution now that unlocks/activates the unit via SD card

Composition media headunits (the larger screen non sat nav version) have a hardware solution that requires the unit to be dismantled and unlocked/activated
After having nothing but problems with VW Peterborough, I have to say soo impressed with VW Lincoln. Really helpful and went away to get answers AND called me back. Thanks for your help. So much easier on my old Landie! No electrics by comparison! Cheers

@Whiz It has generally been the case that some dealers go out of their way to do some research and others just quote "computer (vw) says no"

@Whiz It has generally been the case that some dealers go out of their way to do some research and others just quote "computer (vw) says no"
Spoke to VW Lincoln who were really helpful. £80 to code to va providing I have Vin# which I do. Thanks as alway for taking the time to reply. Best

Back