Just found something on mine that has made me cry. Now hitting the John Smiths to take the pain away. Not saying any more at the moment so as not to prejudice any interactions with the manufacturer in getting it resolved.

Just found something on mine that has made me cry. Now hitting the John Smiths to take the pain away. Not saying any more at the moment so as not to prejudice any interactions with the manufacturer in getting it resolved.
It can’t be that bad if all it takes is John Smiths:whistle:

I have one being fitted by Old Harry Camper Co in April, only the second they have fitted, but I'm confident in their work.

I'm hoping the very latest versions have had any issues ironed out by now.

Hi just wondering whether anyone is experience problems with Hilo at the moment. I’ve paid for stuff and not received it and when I’ve contacted them I’ve had endless fob offs and excuses but still not getting anywhere

Hi just wondering whether anyone is experience problems with Hilo at the moment. I’ve paid for stuff and not received it and when I’ve contacted them I’ve had endless fob offs and excuses but still not getting anywhere
I may be able to help a wee bit since I had been waiting for Hilo to get back to me, and they finally did yesterday after several weeks of leaving emails (since they do not publicise a phone number).
I had heard lots of rumours about what was occurring, and with my phone conversation yesterday think I have filled in the blanks.
Mick, who was the operations manager, and sort of the troubleshooter, is no longer working in that position. This means that emails have been building up and not being resolved.
Coupled with that, it is mooted that the factory has had to shut down for a couple of weeks just to concentrate on getting caught up on the orders for the Hilo Surf as they have sold so many so quickly I think it has taken them by suprise and they can’t make them fast enough to fulfill the order sheet. Speaking to them yesterday I was told they are in the process of opening a new factory just for the Surf.
As I have a warranty issue for them to look at I was worried they were going to the wall, I now think it is the opposite. The Surf roof has simply taken off beyond their wildest dreams since the £1000 difference in price between the Sport and Surf versions has suddenly enabled lots more people to go to Hilo who previously couldn’t have afforded to.
So, Hilo are still there, they haven’t run off or collapsed taking everyone’s money with them, but they are having production speed issues.
If you do manage to get through to them try asking for Lee.
They used to be a trade member on here but I have heard that they have not renewed that, therefore can’t even tag them in any more to let them know that their customers want answers. Big mistake in my eyes, especially when they have access to a very large number of T6 owners and prospective Hilo roof owners. But then if they took no notice of what was being said or asked anyway, then not really surprising. I guess folk will need to bombard them through Facebook, insta, or whatever other social platform they use.

This sounds a bit worrying, my sport roof is being fitted next week.

The fitter hasn’t mentioned any problems about getting hold of HiLo or getting hold of materials etc.

Maybe it’s just the surf causing issues and that sport roofs are unaffected?

This sounds a bit worrying, my sport roof is being fitted next week.

The fitter hasn’t mentioned any problems about getting hold of HiLo or getting hold of materials etc.

Maybe it’s just the surf causing issues and that sport roofs are unaffected?
@Insert Coin, my understanding is that it is the Surf that is causing all their problems, your Sport should be fine.

Hi all , I think DaveyB may have hit the nail on the head as I have heard similar off a couple of people . Strangely enough Lee has contacted me today and I have a way forward with my problem. The roof itself is superb and once these problems are sorted other than the inconvenience I think I will be a happy bunny. Thanks for your comments

So my Sport roof install is well underway, due to be finished on Friday, I've had my fingers crossed that everything is going ok.

But as it always seems with these roofs the fitter has hit a snag, quite a big one.

Whatever you call the bit on top, the lid? They've done a test fit and it's warped, so HiLo are having to get another roof, paint it and ship it down.

There's no way it'll get done by the weekend, but I'm worried it will roll on beyond the next bank holiday, we are supposed to be away for that weekend with the new roof in situ.

The fitter has my sympathies, he has another 8 or so roofs to fit, he's being pushed by each customer and yet the install dates are slipping due to circumstances outside of his control.

Hi Colin, Did your roof fitting get resolved? I am looking at a Hilo LWB Sport and keen to know what the outcome was?

So the lid was warped, this was discovered on Wednesday, a new roof was prepped, painted and shipped down by the following Monday. I know HiLo are under a lot of pressure, but I thought that was an excellent response from them.

The roof is fantastic, but it's very early days yet to give any kind of in depth review, but so far so good. :cool:

I'm really keen to get one fitted but struggling to find a fitter who has one he can show me complete.

I'm really keen to get one fitted but struggling to find a fitter who has one he can show me complete.

Where are you based? There must be someone nearby who can give you a demo?

Is there anything in particular you need to see? I could take some photo's easy enough.

I am Guildford way. I want to see how low the roof sits and is there any issues with internal headroom. I'm same as you LWB but 150 Kombi T32Highline

I’ll take a couple of interior snaps, you should get a good idea of how much headroom you lose.

Apologies if I’m stating the obvious here, but I take it you’ve tried all the fitters (near to you) who are listed on the HiLo website?

I’m at Southend if you’re over this way anytime soon.

Back