Hillside Birchover

I’m a bit confused. How have you got a Solar Voltage with the fuse pulled?
I would have expected with no Solar input no solar voltage.

I don’t have a Victron so not 100% sure why it would say there is a solar panel voltage, which seems steady, if the solar panel is disconnected by removing the fuse between the panel and controller.
Pulling the fuse should be the same as disconnecting the solar panel input wiring.
You don’t have multimeter do you?

I don’t have a Victron so not 100% sure why it would say there is a solar panel voltage, which seems steady, if the solar panel is disconnected by removing the fuse between the panel and controller.
Pulling the fuse should be the same as disconnecting the solar panel input wiring.
You don’t have multimeter do you?
I do but I don’t know how to use it

I’m getting more confused.

I emailed supplier of panels same question. Why is panel getting 1w through to controller when fuse between these two is out.

Got this response….

Yes because the solar panel is powering the Victron. Try it the other way round - connect battery and pull solar power. You want to see it on with no solar. It does look like a loose battery/power connection tbh

Well confused?!

A0EF2FD7-0AD4-49C3-ABE5-4B0536B10D38.pngIs this 0 consumption helpful in detecting anything? Seems to match when I added inline fuss

I’m gonna DM you for your number and give you a call to see if I can help. Too difficult message by message

Reactions: Bav
Supplier has now said fuse should be between battery and mppt (what you had said prior) rather than between panel and mppt (which is what he has advised).

I’ll take that in line fuse out of circuit, add between battery and mppt and see if that sorts.

Quite happy to fire mob number over if this doesn’t sort.

Everyone is proving to be VERY helpful on here. A good community!

Ok, recheck and double check how you’ve wired it as you go.
Disconnecting from the roof having a different effect to pulling the fuse is pointing to a wiring fault.

I’ve revisited everything. I had in fact installed in line fuse between battery and controller (correctly).

I have cut this out of circuit anyhow to reduce variables.

Maybe however I do not have a problem at all anyhow?!

I have YouTubed and this guys (bigger) system jumps around in similar fashion, at similar speed, so maybe I don’t have an issue??

I don’t know if this helps or not but I have been out to my van to check and if I disconnect the solar panel the victron shows zero input from the panel.

Reactions: EAN
That explains why you still had a solar voltage when the fuse was removed but not when you disconnected at the roof.
The fuse was disconnecting the battery not the solar.
Not sure why the Victron still shows a battery voltage in this state, but perhaps it is because it is being powered via the solar, so does still have an output. Not sure on that.
Monitor how it works for a while now you've put the wiring back to how it was.

Cheers all again. Pondering upping battery from 75, does seem to go down quick,?not sure can spring for lifepo at min tho!

Thanks again for help

And should I wire the fuse back in? Presume it’s to protect the MPPT from any battery surge like stuff?

Verify it’s working as you expect for a few days, then reintroduce the fuse.
Not sure where you fitted the fuse originally, but make sure it’s on the single positive wire going between the CBE panel that you introduced and the solar controller.

Back