Any pix as I’m looking at going down the AT tyre route on my 16” high line alloys, I already have spacers on to bring the tyres out from ‘under’ the van

Hey GJH will see if i can get a pic up but my B F Gs A/T are fitted on standard steel rims / T - line not much to see but look good the Tyres ran lovely right up to 90 MPH held a true line not noisy even on the ropey bit of M 25 concrete section even parked in a grass field with a steep slop not a slip very pleased with them have a good week Nick

Cheers matey, currently have 215/65/16 on mine and am looking at a taller profile tyre as I prefer that to the slammed look

Hi @Mud Digger , I'd be interested in a pic as this sounds like the look im heading for once I get through the current tyres; I've just had my steels powder coated. Great to hear that the tyres hold well on the road.
Cheers

I’ve done a load of work on a new A/T tyre it’s one of only 7 that is also certified winter tyre Davanti Terratoura

53CEBDAC-5202-4DB8-8524-79C98BF9AA14.jpeg

629AD44C-CBB4-42A7-B3EF-D3D3D6A029F1.jpeg

Reactions: GJH
Hi Ray

Looks like you've been busy.?
Do you know what their ratings will be regarding: Wet Weather braking?; Noise?; Economy?

The tread certainly looks effective in terms of off road use. Do you know how they are likely to ware?, and how abuse resistant they will be for off-road use?

What sizes will you be offering them in?

I have currently have spacers on my wheels 25mm front and 30mm rear so can go for a slightly larger rim with hopefully no ill effects regards ‘rubbing’....currently I have 215/65/16 tyres and would like to go slightly larger...my current alloys look to be 6.5 inch width so I’ll need/want to go maybe an inch or so wider on the rim to 7.5/8 inches so I can get up to a 235 tyre with the higher profile sidewall for the ‘swamper’ look.....

Hi Ray

Looks like you've been busy.?
Do you know what their ratings will be regarding: Wet Weather braking?; Noise?; Economy?

The tread certainly looks effective in terms of off road use. Do you know how they are likely to ware?, and how abuse resistant they will be for off-road use?

What sizes will you be offering them in?

Wear is very good they last over 50,000km on a Hilux, noise is also very good as i put a noise reducing channel in the outer block section so cabin and passby noise is much better than BF and Cooper with no horrible tread block or pattern noise, wet braking is also very good, i dont have the results here but they are beginning to filter out in magazines like june edition of land rover monthly etc, put ti this way i get tyres free and had BFG, Cooper, Dunlop and these and the Davanti are on my Amarok,

I have currently have spacers on my wheels 25mm front and 30mm rear so can go for a slightly larger rim with hopefully no ill effects regards ‘rubbing’....currently I have 215/65/16 tyres and would like to go slightly larger...my current alloys look to be 6.5 inch width so I’ll need/want to go maybe an inch or so wider on the rim to 7.5/8 inches so I can get up to a 235 tyre with the higher profile sidewall for the ‘swamper’ look.....

hi GJH sorry been busy to get back to you how did you get on just saw your post i love my look with the 16 x 65s on the van it looks jacked up already with the bigger wheel arch gap and i wont fit spacers to keep the mud under the arches not up the side of my van handles a treat too very pleased and the BFGs look awsome too
they are 50 /50 winter summer and not noisy i got them sent down by 4 x 4 tyres .co.uk all the specs are on their site i ll get a pic over later can load it from work regards Nick

hi GJH sorry been busy to get back to you how did you get on just saw your post i love my look with the 16 x 65s on the van it looks jacked up already with the bigger wheel arch gap and i wont fit spacers to keep the mud under the arches not up the side of my van handles a treat too very pleased and the BFGs look awsome too
they are 50 /50 winter summer and not noisy i got them sent down by 4 x 4 tyres .co.uk all the specs are on their site i ll get a pic over later can load it from work regards Nick
whoop i got the pic up finally

Hi @Mud Digger , I'd be interested in a pic as this sounds like the look im heading for once I get through the current tyres; I've just had my steels powder coated. Great to hear that the tyres hold well on the road.
Cheers
hi Sabre finally got a pic up sorry it took so long

..i would remove the wheel trims and put only the bolt cover, as I did ... but think about it, my Cali is white and the black rims look good ..., maybe with your color the wheel covers are better color aluminum .. already

No worries @Mud Digger , looks great.
What size tyres are they?

hi Sabre they are the 215 x 65 x 16s the larger ones have white writing i actually like the wheel trims too but very happy with the tyres was £125 each but should last well with the deep tyre tread

I’m sticking with my current srx tyres just now until they’re due for replacement...then probs go for ATs

I've got 16" Clayton alloys (like the ones on the picture of the blue van). I can't seem to find decent all-terrains that fit their size (205/65/R16). Any ideas how they managed to get those tyres to fit those alloys?!

Thanks very much first off :)! There more information here than I thought I’d get back, so really appreciate the insights.

I’ve a T28 150DSG FWD van, that has now been converted to a camper with Hilo roof/Uber Flux sliding RIB and Evo furniture package.

I’ll need to take sometime to review all this great information and work out what’s the best route for me. As I said, I’ve the original wheels in the garage and thought why not use these, rather than going for new wheels as well as tyres.

I like the look of this van below, which looks to me, like it’s using the 16” Highline alloys. I don’t intend to lift the van, as it’s mainly going to be for winter conditions etc.
View attachment 27904

Think I need to work out what tyre/size/spacer combination I’d needed etc as I want to ensure I have a safe package, that will not only give the look, but be up to the job :thumbsup:

Back