Help on HiLo roof in shuttle

If the Austops has a similar design cassette to my roof, then a couple of 90 degree vents like these

Rectangular Dash Face Vent Left Hand Dashboard Heater/Air Vent For Kit Car Rally | eBay

and some flexible ducting run between the head lining and the roof down the offside D pillar to the heater box, is all it really needs. You can see where the vents can fit on the picture below. I discovered the control panel must remain connected to the loom however. Otherwise you loose the ability to control the rear heating from the front. Albeit this is with the climatronic A/C set up. It may just be a case of jumping two pins in the panel connector block. I never bothered testing to find out as I managed to fit the panel in the rear.

20180924_165527.jpg

If the Austops has a similar design cassette to my roof, then a couple of 90 degree vents like these

Rectangular Dash Face Vent Left Hand Dashboard Heater/Air Vent For Kit Car Rally | eBay

and some flexible ducting run between the head lining and the roof down the offside D pillar to the heater box, is all it really needs. You can see where the vents can fit on the picture below. I discovered the control panel must remain connected to the loom however. Otherwise you loose the ability to control the rear heating from the front. Albeit this is with the climatronic A/C set up. It may just be a case of jumping two pins in the panel connector block. I never bothered testing to find out as I managed to fit the panel in the rear.

View attachment 29114

@VDubnewby666 food for thought?

Looks interesting @Fish, thanks for bringing it to my attention. Something to discuss with Dan when I visit next month.
:thumbsup:

Dieseldonkey that's a really gd bit of info there .not to sure if yours is the same design but will pass on to the installer and also thanks for the link to vents .was also thinking the other day a wouldn't need the control unit as a can cotrol from front, glad you brought up it dosent work unless connected. Would like to keep the contral unit on display also enyway as it will be gd for rear passengers . May I use your pic for my installer please ? .thanks again sean

Yes @St4n99 , of course. It's very tight to get a vent in the head lining due to the wiring loom above. Hence why the 90 degree inlet is a bonus with this design.

Thanks again dieselmonkey . Just noticed yer from Dunfermline ,that's were I purchased my t6 from lol

I looked into this for my LWB Shuttle too. I've got a deposit down on a similar design of roof to the Hilo. Its getting fitted next month. Apparently there is a ducting and wiring kit that allows installers to reposition the vents around the pop top when the original roof is taken out. Seems the kit is about £250. Hopefully be able to post pictures of the interior roof layout by Christmas, if that's any help.
Hi @Dieseldonkey , I have a T6 shuttle which I would like to fit the HiLo Sport to. Where can I get the wiring and ducting kit from? Did you post the pictures of the interior roof layout?

Hi @Dieseldonkey , I have a T6 shuttle which I would like to fit the HiLo Sport to. Where can I get the wiring and ducting kit from? Did you post the pictures of the interior roof layout?

The extended wiring loom and ducting was supplied by and put in at the same time by the company that fitted my roof. So not sure were they sourced the loom. You could maybe try @Pauly at the forum shop for the connectors and just make up a loom yourself. Afraid I don't have any photos of above the roof linning. But the ducting runs up the offside D pillar to the roof. However this site has the left and right hand vents that were used. They also supply the 40mm ducting.

Rectangular Dash Face Vent Left Hand 72mm

The extended wiring loom and ducting were put in at the same time and by the company that fitted my roof. Afraid I don't have any photos of above the roof linning. But the ducting runs up the offside D pillar to the roof. However this site has the left and right hand vents that were used. They also supply some 40mm ducting.

Rectangular Dash Face Vent Left Hand 72mm
Would you mind letting me know who fitted the roof for you, Cheers.

I looked into this for my LWB Shuttle too. I've got a deposit down on a similar design of roof to the Hilo. Its getting fitted next month. Apparently there is a ducting and wiring kit that allows installers to reposition the vents around the pop top when the original roof is taken out. Seems the kit is about £250. Hopefully be able to post pictures of the interior roof layout by Christmas, if that's any help.
Been a while! Did you ever get your Pop Top done? I am looking at a Skyline - and found a company in Huddersfield. Any info/guide pricing would be of real help. Paul

Back