Another HiLo that been poorly fitted

Willoughby

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Morning ;)

My Hilo is in need of a few repairs as it was poorly fitted. I have tried to get quotes for some one to sort and look like none of the good fitters are touching Hilo now. Anyone able to repair or even quote. I'm near Edinburgh but willing to travel.

Kev

1. Paint rubbing off van at both front corners of roof at corner of windscreen.

2. Wires for rear lights and tailgate shorted out as no gromit was used.

3. Canvas soaking wet even tho van hasn’t been used in while.

4. Poptop fails to go up under on it’s own.

5. One of the struts to lift the bed board has become detached.

6. Underside of trim boards damp.

Oooh. I‘ve had a couple of HiLo roofs before and been faultless. If you’re near Leicestershire I’d use these guys Xtremevan .

Aren’t they based in the north?

Not sure if they’ll repair it or not. If so,
@juniordawson might have their contact details as he mentioned them recently.

Hilo don't have the time and basically forcing me to go via the fitter. Fitter want's noting to do with Hilo "As they are a bunch of Cowboys" his words, I have heard similar story from at least half a dozen fitter in the last few weeks. Also my contact a Hilo has left so I'm in between rock and a hard place. Looks like only option is to legal. Kev

Hi Donk

Xtremevan were the first ones I tried, they are not dealing with Hilo anymore. This kinda speaks volumes. :confused:

Kev
Oh dear! It was a really good product but clearly a difficult product to fit. I'm not doing a pop top on this van but next one I'll probably give the skyline skylow a go.

The danger signs on HiLo have been flashing red for years, it sounds like it's finally heading for the end game if the fitters are pulling their support - just a shame innocent consumers are left in the lurch.

Morning ;)

My Hilo is in need of a few repairs as it was poorly fitted. I have tried to get quotes for some one to sort and look like none of the good fitters are touching Hilo now. Anyone able to repair or even quote. I'm near Edinburgh but willing to travel.

Kev

1. Paint rubbing off van at both front corners of roof at corner of windscreen.

2. Wires for rear lights and tailgate shorted out as no gromit was used.

3. Canvas soaking wet even tho van hasn’t been used in while.

4. Poptop fails to go up under on it’s own.

5. One of the struts to lift the bed board has become detached.

6. Underside of trim boards damp.
Used Vans Clevedon, Used Van Dealer in Avon | Birch Brothers Fitted mine a few years back so not sure if they are still working with hilo?

The fitter should still be resolving any issues, it’s their responsibility as they took your money.

Playing devils advocate, but It may not be the roof at all, just badly fitted.

The good HiLo fitters like Simply Surf Bus and Vision Tech still fit these roofs and don’t appear to have any issues.

My HiLo has been faultless in nearly 3 years, although it doesn’t help your situation.

Go back to your fitter, put the pressure on them.

The fitter should still be resolving any issues, it’s their responsibility as they took your money.

I'm with you but the fitter was Mike from Hilo doing in tandem with my local fitter. So Hilo have to share some of the responsibility.

Playing devils advocate, but It may not be the roof at all, just badly fitted.

Mute point, Nobody has suggested otherwise.

The good HiLo fitters like Simply Surf Bus and Vision Tech still fit these roofs and don’t appear to have any issues.

I would assume a Hilo technical lead would make a good fitter. Mike since left Hilo along with Jake there other technical guy.

My HiLo has been faultless in nearly 3 years, although it doesn’t help your situation.

Go back to your fitter, put the pressure on them.

Why didn't I think of that :rolleyes:

Epic Fail!!! :) Loads want to help me. I have had some very interesting chats and info sent to me about Hilo and the staff that left. You post was condescending and had nothing do with the op.
Agreed, he has a skin as thick as a piece of rizla paper.

Epic Fail!!! :) Loads want to help me. I have had some very interesting chats and info sent to me about Hilo and the staff that left. You post was condescending and had nothing do with the op.
Hi what was the outcome, are HILO a lame horse so to say. Why did they loose their main team(assuming that is what you mean). was about to get one fitted, so any info would be great
thanks
Daniel

Hi what was the outcome, are HILO a lame horse so to say. Why did they loose their main team(assuming that is what you mean). was about to get one fitted, so any info would be great
thanks
Daniel

have a search on here (the forum) @djgriff
LOTS of stories/reviews on the Hilo roofs...

thanks
Daniel
It depends entirely on who’s fitting it.

I spoke to surf bus and they seem pretty good and apparently fit 60+ a year, guess it should be a safe bet,
Cheers

Back