Heko Deflectors - Doesn't Look Right

gilly

Can you put up any pics of how the deflector looks when it is in properly in and around the wing mirrors,I have had a go at putting it on and the window hits the bottom of the deflector, does the sharp-ish corner of the deflector sit in the window channel, where my window won't go up because of it or does it sit on the plastic mirror housing?I can't post a pic of it my self as I gave up when it started going dark tonight, driving me crazy,I've had look on youtube and can't find one, that shows how it sits close up.Thanks in advance.

8EFF1C57-CDB6-4D8A-B563-8704968B7A0D.jpeg 5EC83FE4-D295-4171-8C99-0013F7933E66.jpeg Just took these fella not the best as it’s dark, mine are dubflecktas but they are pretty much the same

I had issues with my Heko reflectors too. The drivers side was perfect but passenger kept pulling down and eventual cracked. Not sure why, but it looked like some of where they were trimmed wasn’t done very neatly.
I bought a set of travelin-lite items in the summer and the fitment was more accurate, the trimmed edges better and I’ve had zero issues.

I didn't fit the metal clips to my Hekos as they seemed firmly in place, no problems in 18 months.

Thanks for posting some pictures up, I didn't think that the corner of the deflector was designed to sit on the wing mirror mounting as I thought it looked untidy and would scratch the housing while you were driving,and I imagined that it would just float in the window channel, held in by the clips.I'll have another go and post a picture once i have another go.

Not sure if you have sorted this but here is a picture of the bottom of mine, only bit that touches the mirror mount is right in the corner.
IMG_20190107_090456131_HDR.jpg

Ey up,
Have a look at the pics and see what you think.
This is my first time with Heko having had dubflectors on my last van.
The bottom part only wants to sit outside of the channel where the rest of the plastic inserts. I've tried it on both side inside the channel but this interferes with the window.
Am I a biff or is the way the photos show the right way?
Thanks in advance.
20190504_181547.jpg 20190504_181554.jpg 20190504_181604.jpg 20190504_181608.jpg

i had a set of those heko ones
the plastic clips that held them in kept working loose, and the sticky area soon got unsticky to the point that the drivers one pi55ed off on the M1 @ 70 mph ( ish ) :) , last seen heading towards the central reservation just south of Leicester forest services, undid the window, the deflector came down with it and whoosh, it was gone

now got a set of climair ones , which admittedly have a very very small screw that holds the bracket onto the mirror cover, but it dont look out of place, and most importantly, hold them in place and so far, so good,

Back