T6.1 Heko Wind Deflectors stopping window shutting

I recently fitted the VW ones. On the instructions, it said, once installed, leave the windows up for 12 hours. I think that’s to get the clips to seat properly. Worked for me

@Markgf Where did you get yours and what was the price?

Same problem with mine windows wouldn’t go up just kept at it and eventually went up and hadn’t any problems then, the only problem I encountered with it was the passenger side one decided to break the little tab that goes into the channel with the sticky adhesive on it snapped off I have another car with the same deflectors on and same thing happened also I’ve read multiple forms where it’s happened to people also I decided to put one of the clips in there to hold it out and it works fine just very annoying! For expensive deflectors there not great quality!

I had the same Heko deflectors on my T5 with no problems and then transferred them onto my newT6.1. All was OK for month or two but then I started to get problems when closing the drivers window.The securing clips it seems may have caused some tightness when the window was closed which then triggered the safety unwind feature to kick in. This was an intermittent problem for a while but soon the window wouldn't fully close at all, even after I had removed the deflector. I took the vehicle back to a VW main agent to have it looked at. Apparently the window rail alignment had moved and it had to be realigned. This is a known issue but Im not sure how common it is. The work was done under warranty but I didn't mention that there had been a deflector fitted.

Back