Heater blowing hot-air only

cbrblade

T6 Pro
Hi all had my t6 for about 2 weeks and I've noticed no matter where dial is it only blows warmish ,also aircon not cold anybody any ideas

What age is it, and what model ?
Can you take it back to seller ?
Pete

It’s a t28 66 reg,bought it private so my fault for not checking
Hoping it’s something easy

It’s a t28 66 reg,bought it private so my fault for not checking
Hoping it’s something easy
Firstly, have you tried it on every directional setting? The Windscreen setting ignores the temperature setting because it assumes you need to clear the windscreen of condensation, which confuses drivers and leads them to think they’ve got a defective heater..

Yes mate tried all combinations,temp goes up to about 90 on dash but it’s still only warming

Firstly, have you tried it on every directional setting? The Windscreen setting ignores the temperature setting because it assumes you need to clear the windscreen of condensation, which confuses drivers and leads them to think they’ve got a defective heater..

Yeah, i can confirm that this has caught me out until I eventually figured out that it's significantly warmer than what ever the temp setting is adjusted to!

I think a recharge is around 80 quid from a VW dealer and around 60ish from an independent. If it does need a recharge the AC is likely to have a leak so worth investigating.

Any decent garage when re gassing will take out all existing gas and oil, run a vacuum test to check for leaks then re gas and oil so you should find out at this point if there is a leak.

My car does not have this issue as it has Climatronic, but there is a thread on the Dutch Forum about this. It is said there that VW are working on this as it is a general issue on non-climatronic T6’s.

Heater blowing only hot or warm... A bit cooler after air con, but then goes back to warm again. Is anubody had this?
Often the problems reported are relative to no air being delivered on settings 1-3 but only on 4.

Does your issue sound like this:

Does it do this whatever position you put the air direction dial in ?

Pete

So it sounds like one of the motors behind the dash, controlled by the dial, has stopped working.
Can’t really help you any more as this is not a common problem.
I guess an error code might have been generated which you could read with Carista or similar.

Pete

So it sounds like one of the motors behind the dash, controlled by the dial, has stopped working.
Can’t really help you any more as this is not a common problem.
I guess an error code might have been generated which you could read with Carista or similar.

Pete
Thanks mate

Back