Heater blowing hot-air only

Hi all
my aircon wasnt getting cold or the heater blowing hot,so had it regassed its still the same,changed the control panel got it to blow cold briefly but no real change,had it on vagcom came up with temp sensor for footwell vent (no idea where it is) anybody had any similar issues

Did you get anywhere with this? Mine has the same issue, also setting 2 on the fan does not seam to increase from 1 , but 3 and 4 increase

Our T6 still blows out slightly warm air even when turned down to cold.
Is it something we must put up with or is there a cable correction which will put it right?

Is yours manual controls without air conditioning? Or has it got the 3 electronic control dials like the photo?

if it’s the manual one, then it’s cable operated and they may have moved. If it’s like in the photo then it’s servo controlled and it’s worth reading for error codes. It should go cold.

Bear in mind that if all of the pipe work is hot, then it’s got to cool all the system down before you’ll feel the colder air.

E0EB9CF3-1C1D-49DF-92CD-F2E17C23CE57.jpeg

Thanks Spaghetti. It is manual one and it still blows warm air after quite some time. Is it easy to adjust cable linkage?

I don’t have that system so not that familiar with it, sorry. I’ve checked the T5 Haynes as the T5s have a similar system and they don’t cover adjustment. Perhaps another member with previous experience of this system can assist?

C9629F56-BFBB-40CB-8379-2364194B0552.jpeg

Thanks for looking in the Haynes manual Spagnetti. I think I might have to delve under the bonnet but heater systems are never easy!

Basic question, sorry.. but have you tried the R/H selector on all positions? I'm sure there is a little quirk with the T6 (and possibly earlier) where it will always blow warm if windscreen or possibly a combination with windscreen is selected.

Has anyone had an issue with their heater (cab) only blowing hot air? It doesn’t matter where the temperature dial is, what powers it’s set at or what position it is set to blow (screen/vents/feet).

Also when I switch up to 3 or 4 the blow is inconsistentso powerful then dips then powerful again.

I plugged Carista in earlier which displayed the below but I can’t find what the code relates to.

Any ideas before I start taking things to bits:p

6C86C949-E376-4DD5-B8DB-EA26F965016E.png

Has anyone had an issue with their heater (cab) only blowing hot air? It doesn’t matter where the temperature dial is, what powers it’s set at or what position it is set to blow (screen/vents/feet).

Also when I switch up to 3 or 4 the blow is inconsistentso powerful then dips then powerful again.

I plugged Carista in earlier which displayed the below but I can’t find what the code relates to.

Any ideas before I start taking things to bits:p

View attachment 101889
This thread was resolved where the stepper motor was found to be defective.. might be somewhere to start

Ok so it doesn't appear to be an issue with the stepper motor.... joys

Plugged it in a there's an error code of B108515 - Temp sensor for footwell vent open circuit/short to positive

Not sure if this will be the full cause of getting hot air only but i'll pull the floor up at the weekend and investigate.

Anyone else had this code?

Today I hate my van!

More investigation work today to try and resolve the issue and I'm now even more confused. So glove box/upper cubby and central vents removed to try and see whats happening.

Issues identified so far..

Heat is stuck on hot
Vent selection motor (I think control flap motor?) located centrally buried in the dash keeps rotating between each vent selection.

The heater speed 1-4 works as expected as does the re-circulation. I can't determine if the AC is working as it's stuck on hot o_O

So questions I have are if I change the vent selection motor assuming I can, is it a dash out job as I can't see any other way to access it?

arrrgggghhhhh

Thanks @Niknak.. haven't taken the lower dash out on the drivers side and had my head under yet (just read @Tony P post). Job for tomorrow I think as the neighbours probably need a rest from my constant swearing :think smile bounce:

It will be that control flap Tony has the answer
1A945685-79B2-4C31-9992-01E6F5AB20CC.jpeg
Control flap looks to be intact and just zero movement in the motor. Still doesn’t explain the vent position cycling through each position but I’ll start with a new motor, see if that sorts the temperature issue then move on to the vent position.

it just a giant pain in my ass:mad:

Back