Headlight Switch Bling Upgrade ?

You can get them without front fogs and yes it takes care of everything you just leave it in auto all the time and lights go off with ignition

Same for me - all our other vehicles have auto lights....the only annoyance with this is you do get the lights on warning when you get out of it's dark...perhaps could be disabled using VCDS?

I put my sensor at the bottom of the screen behind the dash, so it's completely out of sight...just tucked the cable in to the A-pillar.

If you do get the unit with front fog option, it is perhaps something you might want to add in the future?...mine didn't have factory fogs but the previous keeper fitted them

Hi all
Looking to do this mod myself in a 2019 Shuttle.
I like the idea of the sensor in the switch like the Vee Dub Transporters one, but it doesn't work with stop/start/bluemotion. £50 though...

The middle one Pauly posted is now this Auto Headlight Head Light Sensor Switch for VW BORA LAVIDA PASSAT B5 Golf 4 for sale online | eBay
Coming from China, flying sensor lead, but only £17 but a bit of a wait.

Will it be the same unit?Plug and play? I would imagine VW are getting a lot better at commonising nowadays. Seems like its worth a punt.
What do you do with the sensor? Run it up onto the dash?
Thanks

I got the 17 version for VW Bora Passat Jetta I think.... with flying lead sensor waited 10 days or so .. works fine

So here is the switch that comes in VW Polo (6R) Match Edition as found in my wife's car. Part number 5G0941431AFWZU. I was quoted £88 from TPS but if you mention CAB account you get a discount some how around 18%. I think it all depends on the person behind the trade counter and what price you might be charged.

The switch allows you to run DRL/side lights and Front/Rear fog light in Auto position without having to switch it the main beam position to allow for front/rear fogs to come on, which I personally find very inconvenient when driving at night (my T6 is a Highline, might be a different switch for those who run LED headlights). As you in essence, have to temporarily turn of you "Auto" lights in order to turn on your fogs. This switch allow you to run just front (to look :cool:) or rear because it is actually foggy.

Hope this helps to some of you.

The green lights are actually nice (LED) green shade rather than that washed out green lemon colour.

View attachment 16783

View attachment 16784

View attachment 16785
Finally picked up one of these... On mine the connector upstands were in a different positions to the T6. See below. After some careful modding of the upstands on the connector I plugged it in and I've got no fogs... Everything else works spot on.

Random... Surely I can't have a dodgy light switch?

20210922_194214.jpg

20210922_194208.jpg

If you are sure the pinout is the same then just cut slots in the switch or remove the tabs from the connector

If you are sure the pinout is the same then just cut slots in the switch or remove the tabs from the connector
Tabs removed already, all works minus front and rear fogs...

Tabs removed already, all works minus front and rear fogs...
i pulled the oem and this polo switch apart and looking at it the way it works on the inside its different which is why the fogs wont work. i wonder if it would be possible to change the pin out on the van side to get it to work?

i pulled the oem and this polo switch apart and looking at it the way it works on the inside its different which is why the fogs wont work. i wonder if it would be possible to change the pin out on the van side to get it to work?
I did wonder about that too but in the end I just returned it!

There must be one that's a straight swap available somewhere...

I did wonder about that too but in the end I just returned it!

There must be one that's a straight swap available somewhere...
I may have found an oem replacement, just waiting for it to arrive and will report back.

@RedUn I found a working replacement, not as fancy looking as the polo one but this is plug and play! Part you need to search for is: 3C8941431A

Tested it this morning and everything worked as it should.
A3A13072-7296-4115-B547-25FA6F15769F.jpeg

Back