Headlight Switch Bling Upgrade ?

Sjacko20

Simon
T6 Guru
Does anyone know if the T6 headlight switch is interchangeable with other VAG headlight switches? I have a Mk7 Golf with auto headlights and it allows the front and rear fog lights to be selected with the switch in the 'Auto' position unlike the T6 which requires it to be turned to the headlight on position first? Only a minor niggle but just thought I'd ask.

You should only ever have you're fog lights on when your headlights are on. I Hate it when people have their fogs on and no headlights. I like this solution vw did with the t6.

I agree but what I hate is the way the switch catches as it turns and pops out. Just not engineered well enough.

You can get a ticket for having fog lights on (front or rear) needlessly
Unfortunately there are so many variations on daytime running lights these days it would be impossible for an officer to tell the difference and frankly wouldn't have the time, but could be used as a "just cause" for a stop if they wanted a word ;)

You should only ever have you're fog lights on when your headlights are on. I Hate it when people have their fogs on and no headlights. I like this solution vw did with the t6.

You can get a ticket for having fog lights on (front or rear) needlessly

I'm with @RattyMcClelland pisses me off when people drive around in the daytime with sidelights and fogs on, it's ok to blind everyone because they think it's looks cool

I also hate it when people have fog lights on when no need (even more so the rear light) but I thought the set up was such that if you selected fog lights then the headlights also come on so you avoid this situation, this is useful when the auto sensor doesn't recognise the need for headlights e.g in mist/fog during the day when it is too bright for the sensor to register the need.

Anyone know what VAG model this is from or maybe even a part number and price?

IMG_0208.JPG

Just pop into your local dealer and one could be yours for the bargain price of £88.78 !
There are aftermarket ones for a quarter of the price and i actually think they light up better, the auto position has a brighter green colour light on it that i prefer, i think i have a couple but not sure if they are with or without foglight setting will have to have a look

Just pop into your local dealer and one could be yours for the bargain price of £88.78 !
There are aftermarket ones for a quarter of the price and i actually think they light up better, the auto position has a brighter green colour light on it that i prefer, i think i have a couple but not sure if they are with or without foglight setting will have to have a look
£88.78, blimey, hope they come with a pair of LED headlights for that price.

I have an aftermarket one from Paul. TBH it is better than the vw one, as said brighter and works perfect...looks a lot better :)

I too looked at purchasing one of these about 10 months ago and after spending a large amounts of hard earned cash on almost every extra possible this cost was just a step to far.
If Pauly can supply these in the shop l would be interested in perchasing one .
Looked on fleebay but not to shore which one to buy .

@Pauly, would you know if the aftermarket ones allow you to have fog lights (front really) on while in the auto setting? Mine (My18) prevents this which means no mainbeam assist with fogs or no ACC with fogs....

No you have to turn to the right to get fogs

Thanks for the quick reply @Pauly, are you aware of anyone modding to achieve fogs in the auto function? My initial crude thoughts were that it should be possible remove the 'step' which should allow it to be pulled out in AUTO. A Dremel seems a bit drastic on a new bus though.... TIA

On the Touareg the the 2 foglights are on seperate buttons but unfortunately the whole surround is a different shape.

BTW it’s a van not a bus...

On the Touareg the the 2 foglights are on seperate buttons but unfortunately the whole surround is a different shape.

BTW it’s a van not a bus...

Think I'll just have to get used to it.... There is an arguement that I shouldn't need main beam assist with fog but ACC would of been nice.

With 5 seats in the back it feels like a bus :D

@Pauly, would you know if the aftermarket ones allow you to have fog lights (front really) on while in the auto setting? Mine (My18) prevents this which means no mainbeam assist with fogs or no ACC with fogs....

My wifes MY2017 Polo Match Edition can have fogs on while in auto position, I shall be looking to get one when I get cash together. I will see if I can get part number sorted.

Back