Fog lights and the Headlight rotary switch

Correct, just unplug it and turn it 180 and plug it back in, as it is now, your dash cam is fused through the original circuit instead of in parallel to it
Ok will do - thanks again. How do you know which way round it should go?

I dont use my van much, and tonight was the first time in ages i was out at night and needed to put the fog lights on.
The only way you can do it on mine is to rotate the switch clockwise two notches from its usual auto lights position, and then pull the switch out to turn them on.

The trouble is, you have to turn the switch through the sidelights only position, and if you dither you lose the headlights altogether, which isn't much fun on a dark foggy road you dont know. Is this how they are, or is it faulty ?
Thanks. I think its dangerous to anyone unfamiliar with it, although the fogs make so little difference i wont bother with them.
When turning the switch from Auto, there is a delay in the time it takes for the headlights turn off. This allows enough time to go from Auto to dipped without the headlights turning off. If you turn to side lights - pause - then dipped, the lights may well go out momentarily.

The point of foglights only being able to be turned on in the side or dipped switch position is to prevent them from being left on. When you turn the switch back to Auto, the foglights turn off, therefore won't come back on the next time it's driven.

Hello all.

I’ve a 66plate T6 euro 5 which inside is slightly different to a euro 6 (correct me if I’m wrong) cruise control is on left hand stalk with indicators not on steering wheel.

My issue is, I have no idea how to turn the front fog lights on, they come on when in reverse and as a cornering light, but if I pop the lights on, I can pull the button out to bring the rears on, but that’s it, it doesent pull out again for front, and I’ve no idea how they turn on! There’s even a logo for it!

Any help would be great!

6BF1179B-9861-4093-BB34-3FF96B49C83F.jpeg

Looks same as mine (no Auto switch yet), pull the knob out one level for front and pull again for rear fog on position on.. I see you have the Auto switch may have something to do with that. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: DWS
Pulls out once for the rears not a 2nd time, won’t turn clockwise either but I’d hoped that would have worked as I hadn’t tried that!

Back