Headlights on, rotary switch doesn’t confirm

Wawlday

On my 2016 T6 I have automatic headlights that turn on when it gets dark etc.
The only was I know they’ve turned on is if I glance over at the hazard light switch to see if that is illuminated.

I notice the rotary headlight switch illuminates when the sidelights are activated, but not with the dipped beam… so I wonder if someone can confirm if my switch is defective?

Photos attached:

0 - just Daytime Running Lights. No illuminated indication on switch or anywhere.
IMG_5628.jpeg

Auto - same as above but dipped headlights do come on when it gets dark etc.
IMG_5625.jpeg

Sidelights - DRL dims. Switch illuminates green and hazard switch etc illuminates.
IMG_5626.jpeg

Dipped - Dipped beam on but illumination remains red, doesn’t change to green like the sidelights do.
IMG_5627.jpeg

Fog - icons illuminate in the clocks (no photo).

looks same as mine . . .

though on AUTO. . . . when its dark enough the headlights come on, as do the dash and buttin lights.

the OEM light sensor ( RLS) is on the windscreen beghind the rearview mirror.

you can test it by putting a coat or blanket over the sensor to make it dark. . .

the NAVI maps may turn dark as well - depending on the setting.

the other roller to the left should make the button brightness up/down.

and second roller to the headlight UP/DOWN ( unless you have auto level lights)

In the first photo, the light bulb on the knobby bit is illuminated to tell you the DRLs are active ??
Maybe that also illuminates when the Auto lights kick in ?

Hi all. I have tried looking at the nights again tonight and even in the dark when set the auto, the dipped beam comes on but the switch doesn’t change from my pictures above.

As far as I know the switch is standard (I’m the second owner). It’s a Highline van so I guess auto-on lights are standard equipment. Is it worth me checking the part-number of the switch to see if it’s one that doesn’t actually light up on dipped?

I think mine is the same. I remember when it picked it up it got dark as I was driving home and (with the standard lights) I was sure the lights weren’t coming on as there was no indicator. So I had to pull off the motorway to check. I’ve since got used to the dull lights and don’t worry but I will check if the switch lights up at all tomorrow

I think he is saying it doesn’t light up like that. I would like to see positive confirmation between setting the lights to auto and the headlights being on

IMG_4611.jpegMine with auto set at night
IMG_4612.jpeg
Mine set to off at night

I think on my 6.1 when it’s on auto the green sidelight symbol only lights up when the headlights are on. I will check tomorrow when it gets dark and let you know

I think on my 6.1 when it’s on auto the green sidelight symbol only lights up when the headlights are on. I will check tomorrow when it gets dark and let you know
Same as my T6. The headlights turn on either when it's dark or if the wipers have been on for a while/it's raining.

Of course having the LED headlights makes it very easy to see if they're on, even in broad daylight.

@Wawlday I was right! When it’s on auto the green sidelight symbol only lights up when the lights come on. Mines a 6.1 Highline with factory led’s.

Back