Headlight Switch Bling Upgrade ?

I’ll see your bling light switch and raise you an alloy ring piece!

66088EFB-2653-4068-B77D-D74152458708.jpeg

So here is the switch that comes in VW Polo (6R) Match Edition as found in my wife's car. Part number 5G0941431AFWZU. I was quoted £88 from TPS but if you mention CAB account you get a discount some how around 18%. I think it all depends on the person behind the trade counter and what price you might be charged.

The switch allows you to run DRL/side lights and Front/Rear fog light in Auto position without having to switch it the main beam position to allow for front/rear fogs to come on, which I personally find very inconvenient when driving at night (my T6 is a Highline, might be a different switch for those who run LED headlights). As you in essence, have to temporarily turn of you "Auto" lights in order to turn on your fogs. This switch allow you to run just front (to look :cool:) or rear because it is actually foggy.

Hope this helps to some of you.

The green lights are actually nice (LED) green shade rather than that washed out green lemon colour.

IMG_2784.jpg

IMG_2785.jpg

IMG_2786.jpg

So here is the switch that comes in VW Polo (6R) Match Edition as found in my wife's car. Part number 5G0941431AFWZU. I was quoted £88 from TPS but if you mention CAB account you get a discount some how around 18%. I think it all depends on the person behind the trade counter and what price you might be charged.

The switch allows you to run DRL/side lights and Front/Rear fog light in Auto position without having to switch it the main beam position to allow for front/rear fogs to come on, which I personally find very inconvenient when driving at night (my T6 is a Highline, might be a different switch for those who run LED headlights). As you in essence, have to temporarily turn of you "Auto" lights in order to turn on your fogs. This switch allow you to run just front (to look :cool:) or rear because it is actually foggy.

Hope this helps to some of you.

The green lights are actually nice (LED) green shade rather than that washed out green lemon colour.

View attachment 16783

View attachment 16784

View attachment 16785
Is this a straight swap for the T6 module? I dislike the current set up and wondered how to change it be the same as my Golf which sounds the same as the Polo.

Is this a straight swap for the T6 module? I dislike the current set up and wondered how to change it be the same as my Golf which sounds the same as the Polo.

Yes, very simple swap over, position switch to 0, then push in on the switch selector, following by turning switch selector while depressed to the right, release pressure from selector and pull the switch out, unplug from behind and repeat the prosess for the new switch in reverse order.

I hope this makes sense.

Last edited:
Hi guys, just had to get my 67 plate mot'd for the insurance being low mileage I guess. It has failed on a faulty rear fog light switch, being that it will not latch in this position. The front position works fine and it pulls out to the second position lighting the rear fog light, but will not hold there. Anyone experienced this or have an idea on why it will not latch?
Thanks.

Sorted it guys,I can only guess that the previous owner had taken an ing feed from the switche loom and had somehow trapped this new wire in the switch housing. This had stopped the fog light function working. Just removed the switch and replaced it back as it should be...... happy days

where did you get the ring from?

I’m pretty sure it was an eBay purchase - but been back through my history and it’s too long ago. Try ‘Passat or Golf or Polo Alloy ring light’ should be about right

I’m pretty sure it was an eBay purchase - but been back through my history and it’s too long ago. Try ‘Passat or Golf or Polo Alloy ring light’ should be about right
I remember getting a set off ebay for my T5, rings for light switch, heater controls, speedo and rev counter. Presume they do them for T6 now.

Hi I couldn’t really find any links from reading a few other threads but does anybody know of any decent aftermarket auto headlight switches than can be swapped for my Standard headlight switch on 2014 t6. I’ve fitted one before on my caddy that came with the sensor, really easy to do, I just can’t seem to find any online. Many thanks

5DDCBA4A-7766-49A7-8A0E-CCBF6546EFDA.jpeg

Really easy job...from what i understand, there are 2 types dependant on the plug on your old switch.

put switch to '0' position. push in the twisty bit, then turn it to the right..you can then pull the switch out and see what the plug looks like on the back of the switch.

i bought mine from travelinlite on ebay, as it was cheaper than their website, there is 15% off currently on ebay using the code 'paydayjan'

all T6 use the small connector plug, anything with the big plug is for t5

My T6 doesn’t have front fog lights, will this auto switch still work ok with it?

also when it’s left on Auto does the dash still warn to switch off lights when you remove the ignition key or does the Auto function take care of that warning?

I would quite like to install auto lights, it’s a small thing but I miss it from our previous car.

Back