Inthezone

T6 Pro
Just wanted to post a note that I have had upgraded headlamps (Full LED) the guys at HazzyDayz are fantastic good service and helpful.
I subsequently went back with a small issue not related to the installation and they fixed it on the spot and said it was part of the service.

I've used hazzydays,

T5.1gp full LED headlight kit with washers and auto level. And Mfsw wiring,

Not cheap . . . . But a OEM parts and fitted as per factory.

Just wanted to post a note that I have had upgraded headlamps (Full LED) the guys at HazzyDayz are fantastic good service and helpful.
I subsequently went back with a small issue not related to the installation and they fixed it on the spot and said it was part of the service.
We are toying with the idea of getting an upgrade on the lights - come the winter time we want to make sure we're fully loaded up with the lumens - were there any other places you looked at? Have they made a difference worth the spend?

Some of their pricing structures are astronomical. They wanted £320 to fit highline MFSW buttons, to highline spec vehicle and £700+ to fit a genuine reverse camera. A very niche business model

We are toying with the idea of getting an upgrade on the lights - come the winter time we want to make sure we're fully loaded up with the lumens - were there any other places you looked at? Have they made a difference worth the spend?
Yes not cheap but uses genuine parts, the difference is dramatic, it was defo worth the cost, at least you can see more than 20 foot in front of the van, Advanced in car might do them i will ask i am going there Friday for a comfort dash fitting

Yes not cheap but uses genuine parts, the difference is dramatic, it was defo worth the cost, at least you can see more than 20 foot in front of the van, Advanced in car might do them i will ask i am going there Friday for a comfort dash fitting
Thanks for the advice! That would be great. We are new to the T6 gang and I am just understanding where the best places to go are. I've just been onto the Advanced in car website and they look pretty good!

On the headlights front, I bought the van in Feb and drove it back one evening from Sheffield over the Peaks (the scenic route) and they were the only thing I could fault. Utterly underwhelming!

ps did you go for auto levelling?

Yes, auto leveling is a must then you can use the travel mode for the continent this lowers the beams enough not to dazzle the Europeans.

Yes, auto leveling is a must then you can use the travel mode for the continent this lowers the beams enough not to dazzle the Europeans.
Did you bother with the washers? I’m going to get the lights and levelling but reluctant to get a new bumper so that I can have washers.
Once you have this done did it cause any issues re insurance if declared as a modification?

Did you bother with the washers? I’m going to get the lights and levelling but reluctant to get a new bumper so that I can have washers.
Once you have this done did it cause any issues re insurance if declared as a modification?
No Like you i didn't want to have a new bumper, also my previous car has washers on it and when i had washed and polished it using the washers on the thing resulted in making the front of the car wet.

Whilst factory LEDs are the pinnacle of T6 lighting, you can get reasonably close to them with aftermarket projector headlights and HIDs for about a quarter of the cost.

Reactions: .50
Whilst factory LEDs are the pinnacle of T6 lighting, you can get reasonably close to them with aftermarket projector headlights and HIDs for about a quarter of the cost.

I Tried those first but they are still not much better, but they do have a dynamic indicator, there ok for town driving but when your out of town they have some shortcomings

I beg to differ. My THQ V1s with a 35W 4300K HID kits is so many times better than my original H7s. They are almost as good as the factory Bi-xenons in my Tig.

I will admit that the OEM LEDs are better still, but not 4 times better, which is the amount extra they cost to retro fit.

Reactions: .50
Ok that’s your opinion I know what I prefer it’s a personal choice after all it’s the kids inheritance I am spending lol

No one is right or wrong. In fact I which I could go for OEM, but I was passing on another option to @VWMEZ, who asked the question.

i don't actually know what they are (apart from not H4s) but my headlights aren’t bad BUT am I the only one that thinks there’s got to be something very wrong with the ethics of a company (VW) that would supply a vehicle with something as bad as H4s in the first place?

i don't actually know what they are (apart from not H4s) but my headlights aren’t bad BUT am I the only one that thinks there’s got to be something very wrong with the ethics of a company (VW) that would supply a vehicle with something as bad as H4s in the first place?

looking at the German market most of the transporters are daily delivery / work vans and there is the issue why put high spec kit on a workhorse that are driven around towns

An alternative way of putting it is why put high spec kit on a workhorse that is driven around town when you can get away with putting a load of shite on it instead because you can save €20 in production costs and people will still think you're such a wonderful company. It's the same logic applied by the UK arm of the company that just knows they can charge us a fortune to replace a cam belt every 4 years (even if you don't do high mileage) when Germany only has a mileage (sorry Kmage) limit and no set time. I challenged them on that and they said it's because the road and climate conditions in UK are different to Germany. They are but I've lived and worked there and the roads are generally better than the UK and in some parts of Germany at least, the climate is harsher than most of the UK. That particular saga is to be continued.

Thanks @Inthezone and @dubber36 - your responses mirror my own dilemma on which to go for. I’m saving up the £££ as we’ve still got a few months until darkness hits and we’ll make the call then. Washers aren’t on the list of considerations!

@Ayjay - good on you for delving into that murky world. Oftentimes feels like smoke and mirrors! For the UK market it should surely be considered by VW. Fingers crossed! Would be good to know what you uncover.

Back