Has anyone fitted a diesel heater under the single passenger seat.

Creamytash

T6 Guru
My next job is to fit a Planar diesel heater. My leisure battery is under the drivers seat.
The passenger seat is a single seat and the van has Add Blue and I know the tank is under that front seat. Has anyone fitted their diesel heater inside the van, under the passenger seat please.
Thank you in advance, you guys never fail to come to my rescue. I did manage to reset my door mirrors with you guidence.
Creamytash.

Have you considered fitting it under the van rather than inside? Will keep your passenger seat area free for other things which may not be possible to put under the van...

There's also lots of piccies / guides on the forum showing how to do this which might help too!

Good luck :)

Have you considered fitting it under the van rather than inside? Will keep your passenger seat area free for other things which may not be possible to put under the van...

There's also lots of piccies / guides on the forum showing how to do this which might help too!

Good luck :)
Thank you, I will have a look but I have a preference to put it inside the van under the seat if it will.

If you go on the Facebook page for planer/autoterm and search I think I remember reading that they say it is possible, albeit a bit difficult. The supplier is very active on the group and answers questions regularly

Mines underneath and been fine, but they do recommend fitting internally if possible

If you go on the Facebook page for planer/autoterm and search I think I remember reading that they say it is possible, albeit a bit difficult. The supplier is very active on the group and answers questions regularly

Mines underneath and been fine, but they do recommend fitting internally if possible
Thanks, that's great, helpfull info, I will look it up.
Thank you.

Thank you, I will look it up.

Simple to fit in the OEM position under the floor / right front seat area. You can do it 'posh' with the OEM brackets if your wallet will stand it or there are plenty of after market brackets available. Heating air intake in the right front door footwell - outlet through the floor where ever you have space dependent on the leisure battery position. Combustion air intake (maybe with silencer) as high as possible in the under chassis area and facing backwards, Combustion gas exhaust with silencer facing towards the vehicle exhaust and slightly backwards in the centre of the vehicle. The original plastic under chassis guards will fit over all that you have fitted with a necessary hole for the exhaust to exit.
Diesel feed should come direct from the tank gauge/pump location in the top of the tank (it will need to be dropped down). There should be a mounting position for the pump on the lower body side chassis area below the left front seat. Don't forget to use a rubber mounting to reduce the pump noise and double check which fuel hose you have been supplied because some folks say it's not always good quality! Run it over the exhaust shield to the right side.

Back