H7 - Front DRL defective

julieneoz

Hi T6's members,

here is the front side on my Multivan T6, I am keen to replace the bulb of the faulty sidelight (only right side is working), as follows:
upload_2019-7-17_10-36-51.png

My mechanic reckons I need to bring the van back to the Dealer, but I am not keen for that. Any easy way to access the bulb? Do I need to take the entire lights set off? Any recommendation?

After upgrading my H7 DRL bulbs to Lumro DRL super white bulbs, I have had continued problems with the drivers side DRL not working.
While my van was in for its service I asked them to replace the bulb.
They couldn't get it to work either. They tested the bulb and the bulb holder and they were ok but they said there was no power to the headlight. They tried clearing all faults but still won't work.
Has anybody else had this problem or knows how to rectify it?

After upgrading my H7 DRL bulbs to Lumro DRL super white bulbs, I have had continued problems with the drivers side DRL not working.
While my van was in for its service I asked them to replace the bulb.
They couldn't get it to work either. They tested the bulb and the bulb holder and they were ok but they said there was no power to the headlight. They tried clearing all faults but still won't work.
Has anybody else had this problem or knows how to rectify it?
I know this is years later.... i have same problem with same bulbs (definitely Lumro). did you get this sorted out?

I know this is years later.... i have same problem with same bulbs (definitely Lumro). did you get this sorted out?
I've had this a couple of times - the bulb was fine but not contacting the metal in the holder.

Just bent them out a bit and all good.

20 seconds to remove from headlight
2 minutes to tweak the metal clips
20 minutes to refit the buggers :slow rofl:

I've had this a couple of times - the bulb was fine but not contacting the metal in the holder.

Just bent them out a bit and all good.

20 seconds to remove from headlight
2 minutes to tweak the metal clips
20 minutes to refit the buggers :slow rofl:
Thanks. I reckon that’s exactly what the issue is.

Reactions: CAB
Back